What's new

Fun with phone scammers

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I broke up with my scammer today. I was just a few minutes away from hitting 4 hours of his time wasted over 9 days. He had to listen to me drone on about my prostate problems amongst many other things. I think he might have actually enjoyed some of my more interesting ramblings. He's an electric shaver by the way. I finally got bored with him and blocked his number.

That was you!!

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I've had a few goes at poking fun at the scammers but that just keeps the calls coming.
The only effective method I've had, is to tell them I know they're a scammer and they won't get anything from me but please stay on the line and do call back. As while your talking with me you can't be ripping anyone else off.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I know you're not supposed to answer as that just confirms that they've reached a working number, but a couple of years ago I couldn't resist. I kept getting messages from the "IRS" about money I owed them. So I took one of the calls and kept him on the line for about 10 minutes. When I got bored with that game I asked him if his mother knew how he was making money. Was she proud? That seemed to trigger him a bit.

Back before all the calls were robo calls from computers it was fun to answer and whisper, "It's done, but there's blood everywhere." Then hang up.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I got a text scammer. It’s been 3 days and I haven’t heard anything back.
IMG_1749.jpeg

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I remember one time two evangelists came knocking on my door - a young man and a woman. I must say I am pretty big and can sometimes be very intimidating when I try to look mean, so once I opened the door the woman went "Oh, no!". It was pretty funny.

I remember one time two evangelists came knocking on my door - a young man and a woman. I must say I am pretty big and can sometimes be very intimidating when I try to look mean, so once I opened the door the woman went "Oh, no!". It was pretty funny.

Many years ago, a friend of mine had the brilliant idea of getting rid of two Yehova Witnesses by claiming that he worships Satan. This brilliant idea backfired though, as the Yehova Witnesses spent the next two hours trying to save his soul, pleading with him to abandon his devil worship etc. In the end the mans then girlfriend had to reasure them that they were not Satanists.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I was getting incessant calls about buying a car warranty from many different numbers seemingly a rotating list even with my area code. One time I was in the car on a long commute so I took the call. I put on a voice and asked a million questions about the warranty. He kept wanting my vehicle make and model I kept yelling that I had a bus. He didn’t understand at first so I kept him going. I started yelling for frank. He kept asking what I was doing and finally I said I was trying to ask the bus driver what make and model the bus was. Now he wanted to end the call but I kept him on. Asking more questions. Demanding to buy the warranty because Frank is like family to me. He wanted to hang up I kept saying don’t hang up I need you. I was on a roll. I think when I asked if they accept ssdi (social security disability income ) as a form of payment he hung up.

Since that call I’ve had no further warranty sales calls.

I used the ssdi one many years ago to a vacation telemarketing person. That ended that. And those calls too.

It still makes me laugh but there is risk in talking to any of these and it’s time out of your day.

From now on I’m going to remember @Whisky ’s authentication code.

Top Bottom