What's new

Cheap Beer

I'm jealous of your cheap beer prices in the states...

The cheapest beer I can get here is PBR and it's $11.99/12 cans plus tax & deposit

If I'm lucky I can get Coors Light for $21.99/24 bottles (plus t&d)

So yeah, if I'm going cheap it's generally Coors Light or PBR

I'm jealous of your cheap beer prices in the states...

The cheapest beer I can get here is PBR and it's $11.99/12 cans plus tax & deposit

If I'm lucky I can get Coors Light for $21.99/24 bottles (plus t&d)

So yeah, if I'm going cheap it's generally Coors Light or PBR

I feel for you man. PBR 12 pk is 6-7 bucks locally, here.

What, no love for some 211? Steel Reserve! By far my fav ghetto malt liquor...had to quit that though. Kinda miss it sometimes.

Another lifetime ago, we used to chase shots of cheap vodka with cans of 211. I don't miss those hangovers...

When I wsa in Quebec this summer we found this 6-pack of this awesome stuff. It was called Wildcat and it tasted like absolutely nothing, even after it warmed up a little, it also still worked quickly enough for our uses. Great stuff (for a cheap beer anyways).

+1 on the homebrew. Natty price, micro quality.

on the cheap its PBR with an old crow back, (If you've never had Old Crow, then you've never accidentally sprayed hairspray in to your mouth),
the last time i drank them together it hurt to pee the next morning; was it the beer? maybe... or the dime store whiskey? possibly. god i hope it was the combo and not something else!

I always love a cold Miller High Life, maybe I'm biased because its made right here in Milwaukee. But I have started a dangerous path towards Trappist Ales potent and delicious.

I use to drink Old English in high school..... malt liquor.... but now my tastes are more refined and I mostly drink Belgium Trappist ales like Chimay,Orval,Rochefort and Abbey ales like Duvel,Leffe, and Affligem....mmmmm.....to the fridge I go.......

Life is far too short to drink cheap beer. I implore you please, PLEASE start your foray into better beer. Hell, you can get started homebrewing for pretty cheap these days. If you can boil water you can make beer.

This. God, THIS.

Just ordered another batch of ingredients this morning. My wife's boss wants to learn how to boil water to make beer. He says he likes hoppy beers, but not dark beers. So we're gonna have an experiment, on his dime. Either way, I get beer.

That being said, I have been known to enjoy the heck out of an ice cold original Coors in a can on a hot summer day.

Used to dig on Icehouse when I was a far poorer man...seems I don't see it as well distributed now, too.

I'm a typical American and prefer it as ice cold as possible, even been known to use coarse kosher salt in an ice/water bucket to bring down the temperature a couple of degrees.

Without a doubt...Pabst's Blue Ribbon, in a bottle, but cans will do the trick too!

Pabst Blue Ribbon, draft, can, bottle, it doesn't matter...

Pabst Blue Ribbon. I started drinking it to be contrary and found that I like it quite a bit.

PBR love in the house! I miss Moe's and Joe's in Atlanta.

Life is far too short to drink cheap beer. I implore you please, PLEASE start your foray into better beer. Hell, you can get started homebrewing for pretty cheap these days. If you can boil water you can make beer.

Hey, when I finish mowing the lawn, I don't want a Tripel. I'll drink Big Hoppy Monster or Ommegang or St. Bernardus and love every minute, but there is a time and place for cheap beer: Fishing being the most notable (but I haven't been fishing in years since my grandfather sold his boat), but tailgating at home games in August and September (and sometimes October) a close second.

I love good beer (Duvel, La Chouffe, Dulle Teve, etc) but I'm not too proud to put back some cheap stuff at the lake or when tailgating (Busch light, Bud select, or Coors light). As much as I love the good stuff, they just aren't meant for the lake.

This. God, THIS. :001_smile

Top Bottom