What's new

Cheap Beer

What, no love for some 211? Steel Reserve! By far my fav ghetto malt liquor...had to quit that though. Kinda miss it sometimes.

This is a thread on beer and people are mentioning Busch Light and Natural Light? :tongue_sm You want light beer? Add water. :lol:

Among the less expensive moderately priced beers, I'd go for Yuengling, which here will run under 70 cents a bottle. Saranac is also a decent inexpensive beer.

But please, as NFlames said, life is too short to spend it drinking watery, cheap, flavorless beer. For that, just drink water, pocket the savings and enjoy really good beer the next time.

+1 Couldn't agree more. My roommate is a big fan of Coors Light, not the best but if I'm in the mood, it fits the bill I guess. No replacement for my beloved Guinness though:tongue_sm

If it's gotta be cheap beer, you'll find me sipping on Lone Star. :thumbup1:

Damn straight. Lone Star. Pearl is good too. Pearl Bock is pretty decent for a cheapy if you can find it but I rarely see it anymore. Pearl Bock was on tap at Valhalla for years. Guess those Rice people spend all the money on tuition instead of beer... I probably should have done it that way too now that I think about it!

Pabst Blue Ribbon. I started drinking it to be contrary and found that I like it quite a bit :biggrin:. I may be the human being drinking Miller High Life these days and will continue to do my best to keep the brand alive.

PBR or Keystone Light if it has to be cheap.

In undergrad, we lived on it. That and Aristocrat Whiskey. $10 a liter. Yeah, it was horrible. Left it in a shot glass overnight, it literally took the paint off it.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'd rather not drink beer at all than drink cheap beer most of the time. On those rare other occasions I usually run for good ole Bud.

I love good beer (Duvel, La Chouffe, Dulle Teve, etc) but I'm not too proud to put back some cheap stuff at the lake or when tailgating (Busch light, Bud select, or Coors light). As much as I love the good stuff, they just aren't meant for the lake.

Anyone here ever try Capital Brewery Island Wheat. Its a Wisconsin wheat beer that comes from my hometown of Middleton WI. They only use ingredients from WI and get all their wheat from Washington Island(tiny Island in north east Wisconsin).

Really good but i'm not sure you can buy it anywhere outside Wisconsin.

PBR.
Stroh's, too, when I'm in a state where adulthood is legal and I can get it.

Stroh?:w00t: I had to look that up as the only Stroh I know is the 80% by volume Austrian rum! Picked up a bottle in Munich and five of us got drunk on it and there was some left over!

STROH

They are trying to ban cheap beer in Britain at the moment.

Gareth

old milwaukee is my evry day cheapie,in the past it was stroh's,hamm's or schaeffers.here lately i have been drinking a lot of yuengling but it is not a cheapie,since expanding into georgia the distributors get bud prices for it.

Pabst Blue Ribbon. I started drinking it to be contrary and found that I like it quite a bit :biggrin:. I may be the human being drinking Miller High Life these days and will continue to do my best to keep the brand alive.

I've been working on keeping the high-life light brand in business. Both good cheap beers, although the price of PBR has been rising lately in my neck of the woods due to increased demand.

Another bargain that I like is the Genesee products. I think the cream ale won a world beer cup award or something. I like the cream ale and genny light. Picked up a 12 pack of their bock beer last night for $6.99. Great stuff for the price if you can find it.

proxy.php

M

modern man

Best Cheap Beer: Old Milwaukee

I don't even know you anymore. :lol:

BTW I can't get "lager" here but the stores here have a fine selection unlike PA and MD you can go to a Kroger (Fry's) and get whatever you want. :w00t:

Lots of good brands but I will have to find a new cheap beer. Mark my words it will not be the Beast or anything Light (well maybe the Beast but no Light). I like the High Life ads so maybe I will go with them. I had some Rolling Rock the other day, when did it move to St Louis?

I have yet to see PBR or Genny here either. I could probably live with them if I am buying beer with the money I find in the couch.

When I'm going cheap (as much as I love the good stuff, I can't always afford it with four kids) I like to drink Lone Star, Pearl, Schlitz, or Olympia (when I can find it).

Bud is my cheap regular,
I live not far from where Yuengling is made while it used to be dirt cheap it has become trendy at least in my area the past couple years and it now cost as much or more then some good micro brews.

When I was in Texas, its was Lone Star. Now that I'm on the east coast, it's PBR. I do remember my days of Busch Light though, lol.

For real beer drinking occasions, I enjoy Guinness, Sapporo, Magic Hat, etc.

Top Bottom