What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Thanks! It's a tiny watch by today's standards, but fits me pretty well. It is in better shape than I anticipated. Pretty good for an 'bay flyer. I am trying to time it out to see how it is accurate it is running.

The trend toward huge watches doesn't suit me.

The trend toward huge watches doesn't suit me.

I am a pretty short dude with small wrists. Some of the watches I see would look like a hubcap on my wrist. I am going to pick interesting looking watches. This thread is awesome for hints. There are so many cool brands that I haven't ever heard of. It's a wide world out there.....

I am a pretty short dude with small wrists. Some of the watches I see would look like a hubcap on my wrist. I am going to pick interesting looking watches. This thread is awesome for hints. There are so many cool brands that I haven't ever heard of. It's a wide world out there.....

The "hubcap" comment brought a smile to my lips. I have the same problem, although I tend to refer to the oversized ones as "wall clocks" instead. You can find a very great variety of watches in the 34-38mm range by shopping for vintage mechanical watches from the 60s-80s. When I was getting into watches a few years back I was pleasantly surprised by the character and affordability of russian and chinese watches made for domestic sale (rather than export) during this period.

Of course, this was before Putin started stirring things up in earnest.

$uploadfromtaptalk1412173797449.jpg

The "hubcap" comment brought a smile to my lips. I have the same problem, although I tend to refer to the oversized ones as "wall clocks" instead. You can find a very great variety of watches in the 34-38mm range by shopping for vintage mechanical watches from the 60s-80s. When I was getting into watches a few years back I was pleasantly surprised by the character and affordability of russian and chinese watches made for domestic sale (rather than export) during this period.

Of course, this was before Putin started stirring things up in earnest.

There is a guy at work that I swear is wearing one of Flavor Flav's clocks on his wrist.....

flip-top Bulova circa 1940's

there's a photo inside that belonged to a previous owner. someone's wife, mother, mistress? who knows. she ain't pretty and she ain't young, but I haven't had the heart to rip someone's beloved out.

$15413128825_d16e291826_z.jpg

flip-top Bulova circa 1940's

there's a photo inside that belonged to a previous owner. someone's wife, mother, mistress? who knows. she ain't pretty and she ain't young, but I haven't had the heart to rip someone's beloved out.

View attachment 502445

That's great and I like the idea of keeping the picture intact. I find these vintages watches hold similar fascination for me as vintage razors. They all have untold stories.

Top Bottom