What's new

Watch Ya Wearing

$IMAG0180.jpg

Dakota "Big 50". My only quartz watch.

Girard-Perregaux chronograph circa 1940's
$15207597488_1afa5626c7_z.jpg
I have other watches. I have fancier, better, bigger, more expensive watches. I like this one because it is cute. Very cute. Cute as a button and hardly any larger. I bought it from neighbor about 20 years ago. Paid him $100 for this and some long-forgotten other watch.

Those two nickels? Oh. Today is my 55th birthday. Tip a glass for me. I'm a happy chappy today.

I know a lot of people will hate on me BUT I am seriously looking forward to the Apple watch. I just have to find a way to extend the band or find a third party band made for Sasquatches like me.

some of those folks will just be jealous.

I know a lot of people will hate on me BUT I am seriously looking forward to the Apple watch. I just have to find a way to extend the band or find a third party band made for Sasquatches like me.

View attachment 501557
I have other watches. I have fancier, better, bigger, more expensive watches. I like this one because it is cute. Very cute. Cute as a button and hardly any larger. I bought it from neighbor about 20 years ago. Paid him $100 for this and some long-forgotten other watch.

Those two nickels? Oh. Today is my 55th birthday. Tip a glass for me. I'm a happy chappy today.

Happy 55th to you! :happybday: Nice watch as well.

If that floats your boat, then buy it! It doesn't matter what others think of it, as long as you enjoy the watch.

Yah. I am just worried they won't offer one that fits me right away. If it is easy to change the band I'm sure a third party will offer bands. My wrists are so big that standard handcuffs don't fit.

Today is my first vintage acquisition. A Mido Multifort from roughly 1943. This thread is going to spawn yet another AD.... razors, soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, coffee pots/makers, a coffee roasting set up and now vintage watches. I REALLY need an intervention.

$mido.jpg

View attachment 501557

Happy Birthday!!

nice place to start with that mido. enjoy.

Thanks! It's a tiny watch by today's standards, but fits me pretty well. It is in better shape than I anticipated. Pretty good for an 'bay flyer. I am trying to time it out to see how it is accurate it is running.

Top Bottom