What's new

Miniature bottles

I thought that getting some miniature (airplane) bottles of various boozes would make nice stocking stuffers. I thought of this after buying a miniature of The Famous Grouse 12 year at a liquor store in South Carolina. I would go to the liquor store but the Virginia ABC stores have a paltry selection.

Does anyone know where I can find some nice miniatures online? I am finding a few UK sites but almost nothing American.

I thought that getting some miniature (airplane) bottles of various boozes would make nice stocking stuffers. I thought of this after buying a miniature of The Famous Grouse 12 year at a liquor store in South Carolina. I would go to the liquor store but the Virginia ABC stores have a paltry selection.

Does anyone know where I can find some nice miniatures online? I am finding a few UK sites but almost nothing American.

As a fellow Virginian, I feel your pain with the ABC stores.... the laws (not to mention taxes) on alcohol are rediculous, aren't they?

I'd seriously doubt that you'll find anything online, seeing a how alcohol sales as controlled state to state. You'll be able to buy wine, and sometimes beer online from out of state, but not hard spirits.

Honestly, if you're in Lynchburg, you may have an easier time driving to NC or WV to check out their selection. That may be a little crazy for just a stocking stuffer, but it will give you more options than Virginia's state run liquor stores....

It's always comical to me when people complain about liquor laws. As we say here behind the Zion curtain: "Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may be in Utah."

In the past, you could ONLY get mini bottles in clubs. They then changed that because minis are 1.7 ounces instead of the standard 1 oz. shot, and "Think of the chlldren!:eek:"

As a fellow Virginian, I feel your pain with the ABC stores.... the laws (not to mention taxes) on alcohol are rediculous, aren't they?

I'd seriously doubt that you'll find anything online, seeing a how alcohol sales as controlled state to state. You'll be able to buy wine, and sometimes beer online from out of state, but not hard spirits.

Honestly, if you're in Lynchburg, you may have an easier time driving to NC or WV to check out their selection. That may be a little crazy for just a stocking stuffer, but it will give you more options than Virginia's state run liquor stores....

I've ordered liquor (and beer and wine) numerous times online and have never had a problem.

WV and NC are too far to go to buy $20-30 of booze.

I was able to find this place: http://www.missionliquors.com/miniatures/spirit-miniatures.html

Ah, yes, you've gotta love Virgina's legislation of morality. We wouldn't want too much choice for liquor, and we definitely don't want folks exposed to a woman's nipple! I remember fondly my time living there. Oh wait, "fondly" isn't exactly the word I should be using...

Ahh, but they don't ship to Virginia...

I've also bought beer and wine online before, but I do seem to think that nobody will ship hard alcohol to VA, because of the state run liquor stores. If you find someone that does ship here... let me know please!

I had some place based in New York that shipped me some rum and sherry. The name escapes me though.

Top Bottom