What's new

What pocket knife do you carry?

Going to switch up my Gerber paraframe to be my work knife, and just purchased a Spyderco Tenacious with spyder edge. Looking foward to receiving it soon. This will be my EDC outside of work.

$Spyderco_sc122gs_Tenacious.jpg

Well this are my knives:

Leatherman Wave
Opinel no.7
Scandinavian Knife
Cheap plastic orange fixed knife

All a man ever need

Going to switch up my Gerber paraframe to be my work knife, and just purchased a Spyderco Tenacious with spyder edge.

I just got an Ambitious and love it. I'm planning to grab either a Persistence or Tenacious. I love the baby Ambitious, I just want something a bit larger for an edc.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392907636.454837.jpg
Here it is with my Zippo for scale.

Spyderco Dragonfly, the ZDP-189 model. Small, holds a great edge, takes a while to sharpen when I have to though. Good for work where I mostly cut open boxes, cut through zip-ties etc.

I just purchased a Spyderco Tenacious G-10 Plain Edge for an EDC. I held one of these recently and really liked how it felt. I've seen several folks on here using it for EDC. I didn't want to break the bank, just an everyday use knife that if I lose/break/ruin I won't be too upset. I spent $32 online in ordering it. Can someone share their experience/thoughts? Thanks.

I just purchased a Spyderco Tenacious G-10 Plain Edge for an EDC. I held one of these recently and really liked how it felt. I've seen several folks on here using it for EDC. I didn't want to break the bank, just an everyday use knife that if I lose/break/ruin I won't be too upset. I spent $32 online in ordering it. Can someone share their experience/thoughts? Thanks.

Really good blade. I'm going to grab one for myself this week. I have the baby brother Ambitious and I couldn't be happier with it. One thing though- keep it dry. That 8CR13Mov steel will rust out on you pretty easily, so oil it up. Other than that, enjoy your new workhorse.

Camilla Oil(Same as I use on straight razors) is ok, correct?

Really good blade. I'm going to grab one for myself this week. I have the baby brother Ambitious and I couldn't be happier with it. One thing though- keep it dry. That 8CR13Mov steel will rust out on you pretty easily, so oil it up. Other than that, enjoy your new workhorse.

These are my current EDC rotation, although the Ladybug is on my keychain - making it the No. 1 carry

SpyderCo
(Steel / Scale)
Domino(CTS HXP / CF + G10 laminate)
Caly3(ZDP-189 / Carbon Fiber)
Tasman Salt – SE(H1 / FRN)
Manix2 Lightweight(CTS BD-1 / Translucent FRCP)
Native 5(CPM-110V / G10)
Ladybug - PE(VG-10/ FRN)

The list is pretty much in order of favoritism; with the Domino and Caly running neck-and-neck. The Tasman was my first and if I am doing things in the yard it becomes my ultimate EDC. It is tough as nails and handles any task thrown at it - cutting vines, pruning branches, digging out roots or opening bags / containers. Plus, you just rinse off the dirt and you are done - it is impervious to rust.

Other than H1, I havent learned the subtle differences in steel quality as of yet. All of them are razor sharp and remain that way for a long time. I have a Sharpmaker and bringing back the edges to arm hair shavability only takes a few minutes

Camilla Oil(Same as I use on straight razors) is ok, correct?

I'm no expert on oils, but it should be. I use RemOil on mine, as that's what I've always used for tools and fiearms to good effect. Just a really light coat works well.

About once a month I slip a drop into each side of the pivot via the predrilled holes for the clip screws. That keeps it buttery smooth. I'd also suggest that if you move the clip (I prefer tip up) you Loctite the screws.

Top Bottom