What's new

Question about C&E brushes

I went to C&E yesterday to look at their $35 Best Badger. They had another best badger that was bigger with an ebony and nickel handle that cosy $65. It looked just like the $95 ebony and nickel "Super" badger brush on their website. I wonder if this $65 dollar best brush was really a mismarked $95 super? It did say Best on the handle. There is no $65 best brush on their website. An the store had no $95 ebony and nickel super!

V

VR6ofpain

This is the $65 Best Badger. You are correct though, it looks like they no longer offer the Best Badger in ebony/nickel. They used to have it.

This is the $95 Super Badger (which has a bigger handle as well).
proxy.php

Interesting that you should mention this. I went to C&E last week and asked the salesperson for the BBB. He had a little trouble locating it in their storage cabinet, and we were both perplexed as to why one of the BBB boxes was priced at $65.00 for the ebony/nickel handle and all of the others were priced at $95.00 (he only opened the $65.00 box for me to inspect--they all had the same label. I bought the $65.00 one of course, and it appears that I bought one of the discontinued brushes.

I also wasn't sure what type of brush stand would fit this brush since it is one of the few without a "foot" from which to hang the brush; any ideas which stand would be best?

V

VR6ofpain

we were both perplexed as to why one of the BBB boxes was priced at $65.00 for the ebony/nickel handle and all of the others were priced at $95.00 (he only opened the $65.00 box for me to inspect--they all had the same label.
Simple.
For the ebony/nickel brushes:
BBB = $65
Super Badger = $95

For the ivory brushes:
BBB = $35
Super Badger = $85

If you look at the brush itself, yours will say Best Badger, whereas the $95 one says Super Badger.

Thanks for the info! I guess the salesperson wasn't very familiar with his own brushes!

Not surprising. When I went to buy my $35 BBB, they had a heck of a time locating one, even though the inventory said it was in stock.

They kept offering me the $35 Travel Brush (Pure Badger) ... it has to be the same thing, since its the same price, right? NO, its not.

If you haven't done so already, get a C&E Shopper's Club card, and get on their e-mail list. The Club Card keeps track of all your purchases, and when you reach $250 in sales, everything from that point on is an additional 10% off.

V

VR6ofpain

when you reach $250 in sales, everything from that point on is an additional 10% off.
What is amazing is I don't think I have hit that amount yet. I have purchased the following from C&E:

BBB (retail)
Sienna shave cream (retail)
Tube key (retail)
Sienna shave soap (20% off)
Sandalwood soap in wood bowl (clearance)
Sandalwood soap retails x3 (clearance)
Sweet Almond Oil shave cream (clearance)
Super Badger brush, ebony/nickel (20% off)
Sienna after shave balm (20% off)

By my math (not including tax) I still haven't hit $200 yet. Either that or I could be saying, "OMG I have spent just shy of $200 at C&E in the past ~6 months!!" Depends on which side you come from!

Top Bottom