What's new

Holiday concoctions

Last years attempt at an eggnog failed... and with the Holidays around the corner I want to get ideas from my fellow B&B members on a nice Holiday drink :biggrin:

Please share your Holiday concoction recipes with me... and I promise not to drink on the job :lol:

Happy Holidays Everyone :biggrin:

My favourite Christmas/winter drink has always been the Whisky Mac. A measure of ordinary cooking whisky and a measure of Crabbie's Green Ginger wine.

Warms the cockles of your heart!

Gareth

Standard Gin & Tonic with a 1/2 oz of Blue Curacao.
I call it the Blue Christmas, tastes like Christmas Trees.

If you're a masochist you can replace the tonic water with Spruce Beer and have it really taste like a forest.

My wife is from Puerto Rico, they have their own version of eggnog. Here you go:
  • 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
  • 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
  • 3 egg yokes
  • 1/2 a can creme of coconut (15 oz can). Try not to use Coco Lopez unless you prefer sweet, instead try to find Goya brand or a brand found in chinese grocery stores that contain no sugar.
  • 250ml. Don Q o Palo Viejo Rum
  • 1/8 cup brandy
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon powder.
Throw each ingredient in the blender little by little as you blend until thoroughly mixed, pour in a glass bottle and leave in the fridge for at least a couple of days (a week if you can hold it). Fight people for refills when you give 'em a taste, the stuff if fairly potent.

I find it better enjoyed as a sipping drink and serve in small glasses.

Cheers

My wife is from Puerto Rico, they have their own version of eggnog. Here you go:
  • 1 12 oz. can evaporated milk
  • 1 14 oz. can condensed milk
  • 3 egg yokes
  • 1/2 a can creme of coconut (15 oz can). Try not to use Coco Lopez unless you prefer sweet, instead try to find Goya brand or a brand found in chinese grocery stores that contain no sugar.
  • 250ml. Don Q o Palo Viejo Rum
  • 1/8 cup brandy
  • 1 tsp. cinnamon powder.
Throw each ingredient in the blender little by little as you blend until thoroughly mixed, pour in a glass bottle and leave in the fridge for at least a couple of days (a week if you can hold it). Fight people for refills when you give 'em a taste, the stuff if fairly potent.

I find it better enjoyed as a sipping drink and serve in small glasses.

Cheers

This is great version of the spanish eggnog... some call it (Coquito) I don't know what I did wrong but I think I was already drunk when I attempted to make this drink ....

thanks huracan I'll try to do it sober this time around...

I've got a wassail recipe at home, I'll try and remember to post it later, but it's basically, Ale, sherry and spices.

I've got a wassail recipe at home, I'll try and remember to post it later, but it's basically, Ale, sherry and spices.

We do several proper apple tree wassails here in Gloucestershire in the new year. Our wassail bowls always have straight scrumpy in them! None of this namby pamby sherry and spices...

Gareth

Our family always has brandy slush. Its good...but some prefer hot drinks on the holidays.

heres the recipe:
Boil and cool 2 cups sugar and 7 cups water. Pour 2 cups boiling water over 4 tea bags. Let stand 5 minutes, and cool. Add one (12 ounce) can orange juice concentrate, 1 (12 ounce) can lemonade concentrate and 1 pint brandy. Put in ice cream bucket and keep in freezer. Fill glass 1/2 full of slush and add 7-Up.

This is great version of the spanish eggnog... some call it (Coquito) I don't know what I did wrong but I think I was already drunk when I attempted to make this drink ....

thanks huracan I'll try to do it sober this time around...

:biggrin: You got it.

oh and its not much of a concoction but always make sure you have a bottle of Jameson Irish whiskey and baileys Irish cream. I throw a little of each in my coffee after dinner.

Anyone else has a nice Holiday concoction for me???

With Turkey Day just hours away I am getting a bit nervous :biggrin:

Top Bottom