What's new

Free pipe tobacco?

Has anyone else received their sample? I'm still waiting.

Bristling Beard, how long did it take?

Sorry, I'm just anxious, and tobacco isn't in the budget for a while. Free samples would hit the spot.

Mine came in about a week or two. I hope you get them soon.
How folks enjoy pipe tobacco is even more of a YMMV than shaving supplies. Personally I hate Three Star Blue but some really like it and so good for them I am glad they enjoy it. I hope you find something you like in the sampler. None of them are even close to being my favorites but the Fox and Hound was pretty good and the Blue Note was certainly passable if you like aromatics. You may get different samples than the ones I received. An inexpensive choice which is quite tasty is Peter Stokkebye's Balkan Supreme if you like Balkan blends. If you like inexpensive aromatics Lanes BCA (a vanilla black cavenidsh) is cheap and smokeable. These are both sold in bulk which tends to be more economical than tins. Best of luck.

Has anyone else received their sample? I'm still waiting.

Bristling Beard, how long did it take?

Sorry, I'm just anxious, and tobacco isn't in the budget for a while. Free samples would hit the spot.

Yes, inquiring minds want to know! However, I will say that my dwindling stash of three, which is now one, had a beneficial side effect. I've since learned how to properly pack a flake and find my desired moisture content so that my full tin of Hamborger Veermaster can and will(!) be thoroughly enjoyed.

Haha I'm glad I'm not alone on this

BTW, the Dunhill tins (royal yacht (pretty good) and nightcap (fantastic)) are wonderful and not too expensive.

I hear what your saying as I'm 27 and look like I'm 18 (damn baby face!). I've recently picked up pipe smoking with a corn cob (automatically doubles the ridiculous factor). I'm not gonna lie and say that I don't occasionally feel foolish smoking it outside of my apartment, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons. I'm really enjoying it and finding it to be a whole heck of a lot cheaper than my beloved cigars. Needless to say, I hope to enjoy both in moderation for some time to come.

:thumbsup:
Redone...

Haha I'm glad I'm not alone on this, except I wasn't going for the corncob, the straight briar is much better when it comes to not looking ridiculous

BTW, the Dunhill tins (royal yacht (pretty good) and nightcap (fantastic)) are wonderful and not too expensive.

Redone...

Haha I'm glad I'm not alone on this, except I wasn't going for the corncob, the straight briar is much better when it comes to not looking ridiculous

Yeah, looks aside, the cob has been performing like a champ! I'd like to try a bent cob and then based on what I find to be my preference, my first briar I'm 99% positive will be a Savinelli Natural from Frenchy. $35 for a brand new Sav in addition to the fact that it will take on its own unique color much the same as a meerschaum does. Can't beat that!

awesome. i dont smoke a pipe but ill see how this smokes in a cigarette (i roll my own).

You need a very healthy paper (medium rizla+ worked), and a rolling device helps greatly since most of the tobaccos in this are crumb like. I kind of enjoyed my ocassional cigapipearette.

i have been smoking a pipe for close to 7 years now .. i am 34

about a year ago i got that sample pack ... i think most of it went into a campfire not to long afterwards...

i stick with tobac from pipes and cigars ( http://www.pipesandcigars.com/ruouhobl.html ) mostly from the Hearth and Home by Russ .. nice stuff in there.

Yeah, looks aside, the cob has been performing like a champ! I'd like to try a bent cob and then based on what I find to be my preference, my first briar I'm 99% positive will be a Savinelli Natural from Frenchy. $35 for a brand new Sav in addition to the fact that it will take on its own unique color much the same as a meerschaum does. Can't beat that!

Frenchy is a great guy most all of my pipes came from him if you dont see what you are looking for just shoot em an email

Update: My three 1.5oz samples of Blue Note, Fox and Hound, and Irish Creme have arrived. Looking forward to trying them out once Wisconsin thaws out.

I've been smoking a pipe since the day I turned 18. It is a great conversation starter if you are outside. Harder to find a bar that lets you smoke inside during the winter. I can probably get over 10 bowls out of an ounce but I've never actually counted.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Alitdis has cut back on what they are sending out. I signed up for this a couple years ago and got 22 or 24 packages of tobacco from them. For me it is literally a lifetime supply.

If I take my pipe to just about any good local tobacco store they will let me try any of the store blends for free, some will give you a few bowls worth to take home if you are a paying customer. Heck, buying an oz is cheaper than a single good cigar.

I'm also a 26 year old pipe smoker, but I have a standard briar and a cheap meerschuem. I think pipe-smokers of any age will get looks, because it's not that common, especially with the smell of an aromatic.

Top Bottom