What's new

Chubby 1 worked when Chubby 2 did not

S

Sam

Well, Joel, I did buy the brushes and Chubby 2 was dense, and maybe too dense for me. While it was a soft brush, it had more of a scrubbing nature to it, and after having used Shavemacs, it is just a feeling I did not care for. I sold it and was deciding between a Duke 3, or scrubbing Simpsons totally. Lee had a great price on Chubby 1 and I got that, again in best.

Well, after 5 shaves with it, it is as soft as my Shavemacs and it gives just a little more resistance from splaying than the SMF1, and the lather is very generous. Sure, the handle is on the small side, but that 23mm knot really packs a whallop. The XXL Shavemac is going to be my big brush and I do not think I will get larger than 26mm from now on. That will make the Shavemac XXL something special and I will save money by getting smaller brushes that are every bit as effective than if I went to the larger sizes.

I can see where it is said Simpsons are like tanks - it shed some 12 hairs the first time but since then, none. I know Lee would stand behind the brush, but gosh, the Simpsons is built well.

I also like very much the handle and size of my black Plisson Size 12, and how it lathers. I do not know yet if I would pay over $200 for a Euro White, or even $150 for the Euro Gray, but it is a great brush. When I consider the price and effectiveness of the Simpson CHubby 1 I have now, it gets hard to want to spend more than that price point for another brush from another maker.

Sam

Nice to know you found the brush for you- you did say the Chubby 2 was to dense/scrubby for you, hmmmmm.........

Marty

That is excellent news, as my chubby 1 should be arriving any day now. I hope the mailman will surprise me tomorrow.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom