What's new

Two passes at setting one, or one pass at setting two?

I've now used my Progress for three shaves. Each time, I've used setting one for every pass. Today I was holding my razor in one hand, and my brush in the other, doing multiple passes. I'm wondering which is going to produce less shaving irritation: one pass at a more aggressive setting, or multiples at setting one?

Two passes @ one, one pass @ two makes zero passes at three! So just put it on three and hold it in front of your face and that'll get you BBS:lol:

Seriously though, what you want is the closest shave you can get with the least # of passes possible. So my advice would be to 'open up' to the point where your face can still handle it and where it also gives you a close enough shave for your likings.

J

Jarmo P

I have used often that thing also in the last 3rd pass for me, to do touch ups with applying the brush and shave again.

I rinse my face before second and 3rd pass though and try to moisturize my whiskers. With good technique you should be able to use a larger gap in the razor. I never change the gap while shaving with Progress.

I think it was also consensus that most people dont adjust their razor gaps while shaving. With my Progress there is also that defect/imperfectness that the blade gaps evenness changes to be not so even then. It is that design not being perfect and actually I prefer HD with right blades over Progress.

Progress though not a bad razor just a bit ugly lump and not so practical with its closed head design. More swirlings needed on sink to get lather away. That not a problem if you spend running water from the tap though. Some even like that closed head design.

I have no shortage of water in this land of thousand lakes, I just like to keep my sink with warm water to drip my brush in. It is a matter of preferences.

Top Bottom