What's new

crisp clean scent

Fellow shavers,

I am in search of a cologne. Currently I have St. Charles Shave New Spice and Chanel Allure. The new scent should be crisp and clean and/or oceanic. The New Spice is very spicy and Allure is sweet. Now, I would like something crisp. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mulger cologne is a wonderful, clean scent. Plus the price is great!

While I enjoy T&H 1805, IMO Bvlgari Aqva is a better oceanic scent. Creed Erolfa is even better but much more expensive.

Fellow shavers,

I am in search of a cologne. Currently I have St. Charles Shave New Spice and Chanel Allure. The new scent should be crisp and clean and/or oceanic. The New Spice is very spicy and Allure is sweet. Now, I would like something crisp. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mugler cologne is clean
but freshest cologne I have ever tried would be Creed selection verte or SMW, some reason I find those fresher, rather than clean

Santa Maria Novella - Russa (cologne)
Santa Maria Novella- Lozione Dopo-Barba (after shave)

D.R. Harris - Arlington
TOBS - Lime

This is probably not the answer to your quest, however, I always, let me rephase that, ALWAYS, ask my wife of 40 years what she likes for me to use in colognes, however not necessarily with aftershaves. Seems to me that this is the judge to ask, but after 40 years, I could be slipping. I like it when she sniffs my neck!! Still

Vetiver smells crisp.

Cologne by Mugler.
Gendarme smells clean.
Rive Gauche, like a well groomed gentelman.
Allure Colgone Sport may suit you well too. It is a cologne so it has short longevity... that is why they give you 5 oz of perfume.
Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue for women. Tss tss tss... try it first and then say something about wearing female edts.
Burrbery Weekend.
Aqua di Parma Colonia.
Signoricci. Both citrus.

There are aquatics... but we can talk about them later.

+1 on Gendarme. I haven't worn it in a while, but it remains the only cologne my wife has commented on (yes, positively) without me asking. I'm referring to the original Gendarme, not the others, which I have not tried.

Arlington is nice, too, but I wouldn't call it crisp.

This is probably not the answer to your quest, however, I always, let me rephase that, ALWAYS, ask my wife of 40 years what she likes for me to use in colognes, however not necessarily with aftershaves. Seems to me that this is the judge to ask, but after 40 years, I could be slipping. I like it when she sniffs my neck!! Still

Very good advice. Your wife/girlfriend will usually let you know if it's acceptable or not.

My "crispiest" scents would have to include Speick EdC and the Gendarme, as others have commented. I also consider the Aveda Pure-fume Tonic for men to be a clean, rather crisp scent. I wear scents in very tiny doses on the carotid pulse points, and mainly for my own enjoyment and these fit the bill nicely.

I agree with many of the above recommendations.

I might add Czech & Speake's Neroli--I find it both crisp and clean. The bitter orange blossom really comes through, making it a very bright and energizing fragrance. Longevity isn't spectacular (as with most citrus scents), but that's easy to get over because the scent's so damn good. :001_smile

I would recommend these to try:

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet, Endymion or English Fern
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intenza
Thierry Mugler Cologne
Truefitt & Hill Freshman, Trafalgar, Grafton or 1805
Creed Green Irish Tweed or Bond no 9 Chez Bond (they are almost identical and very close to T&H Freshman)

Some of these (actually most of them) are quite pricey, I would try them first at your local high end fragrance store or get samples online. Penhaligon's, Thierry Mugler and Truefitt & Hill will send you free samples if you send them a polite email.

4711 is as crisp as they come. Unfortunately, it doesn't last long at all.

For a long-lasting lemon citrus fragrance that's easy on the pocketbook, try Monsieur Balmain. Make sure you buy it online from one of the heavily discounted sites like Scentiments.com.

Despite having been discontinued, I believe Versace Green Jeans can still be found. I mention it because I'm wearing it today and it's definitely crisp and clean. Much like Speick EdC with citrus and pine notes, however the pine is more dominant in the GJ, while the citrus is more dominant in the Speick. I have both and would recommend both for their crisp, clean criteria.

I agree with most of the recommendations above...

You may want to try the following as well:

Perfumers Workshop - Ice Man > inexpensive but nice
Adidas - Blue Challenge or Ice Dive > inexpensive fresh
Hugo - Baldessanini > sophisticated clean
Rochas - Aquaman > Water clean and crisp
Sander - Sander for man > very clean office scent
Lanvin - L'Homme & Oxygene > clean, ozone, water type of scents
Benetton - Cold & Sport > Citrus light and clean
Jaguar - Performance > another modern, fresh fragrance

In my opinion The above are clean, fresh, and great for the office.

You may want to take a look at http://www.basenotes.com for more suggestions.

Also, http://www.scentiments.com , http://www.scentmonkey.com , http://www.bigdiscount.com/mens-fragrances/
are good places to find fragrances on-line.

http://www.perfumeemporium.com/mens/index.cfm is good for it's reviews, but price wise, a little high.

Many are tired of the water, ozone, fresh, light type of fragrances, and frown on their use. I think you need to pick a fragrance that you like, and that works for the situation with which you wear it. As you may notice, I am not one to follow fashion or anti-fashion.. I wear what I like, I don't care if it is cheap or expensive. If I like it I wear it.

Top Bottom