What's new

Caron

The celery note is overrated! A lot of people seem to get nose dementia and either focus on minor notes or invent notes all together (baby diapers in MKK, urinal cakes in Kouros).

I "smelled" it at first for the first....10-15 minutes at most, then it was gone and long forgotten.

Yatagan is an amazing scent, I've owned both the new and the vintage formulations. You can't go wrong with either, they're both heavy on the wormwood and pine. The vintage has more castoreum though, smells a bit more animalic.

I'm going to give it a go! Next payday, it's on (along with some Speick and Musgo Real aftershave)

Since we're opening old wounds threads, I'll update my feelings on Tabac Blond: I've got some on now, and the drydown smells exactly like Old Spice to me (the Shulton version). Very expensive Old Spice.

Pour un Homme is good, but nothing special; slightly sweet, vanilla-y, spicy. Better than most scents of this ilk.

Le 3eme Homme is still a masterful use of patchouli, IMO. Warm, inviting, sweet and spicy enough to draw you in without being cloying. Good stuff, and the price can't be beat.

I've given my sample of Yatagan away, so I can't comment further on it.

I have a couple of samples of Tabac Blond waiting for me at home. I got Caron to send me samples of 3eme Homme, Pour un Homme and Yatagan and they tossed in a couple of samples of Anarchiste--and several large samples of Tabac Blond. I'm looking forward to giving it a try, but I'm not holding out hope that it will be a life changing experience. Still, it would be cool if it was!

Top Bottom