What's new

Getting anxious

You'll be fine: go slowly, use a very light touch, and don't try against the grain (ATG) just yet. With the grain (WTG) and across the grain (XTG) will give you a good shave. And remember, a good shave starts with a good lather, so concentrate on that too. :thumbup1:

Good luck sir you made a great decision. Take it easy and go slow no pressure let the razor do the work.
Good lather is key make sure you use ample water and really work it in to your face before your first pass.

HAVE FUN!

Slow and easy, short strokes, no pressure. Make sure you have a good idea of how your beard grows (grain direction), everyone's is different so don't emulate the youtube videos you may have seen as far as the direction of beard reduction passes is concerned.

But do check out a few wet shaving videos to see what all this advice looks like in practice.

NO PRESSURE!

Also, short strokes.

Finally, I would recommend more water than you think necessary. Not only with the soap, but with rinsing the razor as you go. I find that the more water I use with my soap and the more often that I rinse my razor during the shave, the more comfortable and better the shave.

Don't expect immediate results, just enjoy the experience. Once you find what works for you, you will never look back.

Take your time and enjoy it. We all had to start somewhere. You'll be fine.

This is good advice. You can expect a few nicks and weepers as we all do, just make sure to have an alum block or styptic pencil handy. It is an enjoyable experience when done right.

Top Bottom