What's new

Hey all!

Hey everyone, clearly I’m a newbie. I signed up because I’m anxiously awaiting my first straight edge in the mail tomorrow (a 5/8ths Boker Paua with a French Point). I have a slight issue though. Since I’m buying it straight from Boker’s website, I don’t believe it is shave ready and Reddit advised I get it professionally honed first before trying to learn how to do it myself. After some intense research within a short amount of time, I’ve come across a gentleman named Bayamontate that may live not too far from me. I found that he is very well known within this community, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to PM him or anyone else including mods. Any advice?

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Hey everyone, clearly I’m a newbie. I signed up because I’m anxiously awaiting my first straight edge in the mail tomorrow (a 5/8ths Boker Paua with a French Point). I have a slight issue though. Since I’m buying it straight from Boker’s website, I don’t believe it is shave ready and Reddit advised I get it professionally honed first before trying to learn how to do it myself. After some intense research within a short amount of time, I’ve come across a gentleman named Bayamontate that may live not too far from me. I found that he is very well known within this community, but I can’t for the life of me figure out how to PM him or anyone else including mods. Any advice?
At the bottom of the page, you’ll see “Terms of Use”. Rule #5 says you’ll be able to PM people after 10 legitimate posts. You can look at the Threads under the Straight Razor forum since we know that holds interests for you: join in the discussions and you’ll have 10 posts in just a few minutes.

:001_tongu Boy do I feel sheepish, etiquette said to familiarize myself with the ToS/Terms of Use too. I never knew people actually read those! 🤯

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction and not scolding me like a college professor. I may like this place better than Reddit.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
:001_tongu Boy do I feel sheepish, etiquette said to familiarize myself with the ToS/Terms of Use too. I never knew people actually read those! 🤯

Anyway, thanks for pointing me in the right direction and not scolding me like a college professor. I may like this place better than Reddit.
This place has some of the best people I’ve ever met on the web. Add to that, the wealth of knowledge here is staggering.

Thank you all. I’m happy to be here. Just got my Boker today and I absolutely love. Definitely learned a few things along the way but I can’t wait to get it honed. Oddly enough, I had a lot of fun shaving today!

Welcome to B&B. You're doing it the right way - looking for someone who's known among straight razor shavers for good honing - and it looks like you'll be able to send messages in a couple more posts.

All the best from another Boker fan - the 6/8 current production Celebrated is one of my regulars.

Thanks man, I’m a very researchy kind of guy lol. You get so much more pleasure in learning how to do things yourself.

Top Bottom