What's new

I couldn't help myself

There should be a law against you enablers.

MMOC on the bay. $0.99. I couldn't leave it there. I think it was lonely. If it was a puppy, it would have followed me home.

It showed up today. Looks good. Everything's straight, tabs and stops are all intact, mechanism works but it's a little stiff. Plating is ... the only terms that come to mind are, "been there, done that" and "rode hard and put up wet". There's a reason no one else wanted it for $0.99. Their loss! :001_rolle

$MMOC_1.jpg

$MMOC_3.jpg

$MMOC_5.jpg

$MMOC_6.jpg

Needs to soak mostly. A good cleaning and more soaking until the mechanism is operating smoothly. Might need some flitz to help get rid of some of the verdegris. I had hoped to use it tomorrow morning, but I think it's going to have to wait a couple of days.

If you got an ultrasonic cleaner, it will help with the stiffness and getting rid of the green stuff. One thing about the MMOC is that anything short of a thermal nuclear blast will not significantly affect it's shave.

If you got an ultrasonic cleaner, it will help with the stiffness and getting rid of the green stuff. One thing about the MMOC is that anything short of a thermal nuclear blast will not significantly affect it's shave.

I'm not too worried about it. My MMCP was almost exactly the same when I got it. Hot, soapy soaks and it's mechanism works near flawless.

I'm done with the first soak and scrub. It's already cleaned up better than I thought it would, and the mechanism is about halfway back to where it should be. No worries. :001_smile

Finished cleaning it before bed last night. After a couple more soaks the mechanism was still a little tight, just so that the spring had trouble pushing it open. A little mineral oil worked into it and now it's working good. It was too late for taking pictures, but I'll try to take care of that tonight.

This morning, I loaded up with the blade out of my MMCP. That blade (Gem Personna) had 15+ shaves on it already, and I had just a little stubbly growth after using the MMCP yesterday morning. And it was still LOUD. And smooth. BBS, even on my jawline and adams apple.

btw, I used the Arko that [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] included with the Treet he PIF'd me before Christmas. I like it. Thanks again.

Any classic razor for less than a cup of coffee is worth the buy. Get to try various SE/DE/Injectors on the cheap. Can Always go back and pay more for a pristine version.
BTW I consider the MMOC a top shelf razor regardless of their cost.

OK, here's a couple pics. You can see that the plating is much better than on the Clog Pruf. But the handle is not as smooth. Not sure why, it doesn't look rougher, but it is.

$MMOC and MMCP_1.jpg

$MMOC and MMCP_2.jpg

Good for me that the flaws in plating on the heads don't affect the shaves. This is definitely a smooth and efficient shave. I have to check whether it's actually more aggressive than the Clog Pruf, but it's sure not less aggressive.

Top Bottom