What's new

Another hobby besides shaving .

Hunting, fishing, reloading, astronomy, woodworking, photography, stained glass, amateur radio,

and once in a while letting work interfere with my hobbies so I can afford them.

My favorite hobby, hands down, is woodworking. I don't get nearly enough time for it, but it is quite satisfying when I do. In fact, it is the one thing I do that I would genuinely call a hobby.

Sent via mobile - Chris

My hobbies aren't quite as interesting.

I have a huge interest/hobby in clothing. Mostly trad (ivy inspired) attire.

And for the more active - golf but thru the years it's been harder to find 5-6 hrs to play

Just as an add-on, other lesser hobbies are education (since I am back to school for a masters while two of my kids are going for their bachelor degrees), camping, and shooting.

Sent via mobile - Chris

lets see, i fly fish, fly tie, build models, my reef tank, fountain pens, knives, firearms, im working on a second hand chainsaw right now. i tend to do a lot

The MJQ "Last Concert" album. I have that one myself. Ever hear their "Blues on Bach" record? Sweet music indeed. Right now I have "Ten Years After: Undead" on. Recorded live in a railway hotel near Nottingham in 1968. Most people only knew Ten Years After from their wild "I'm Goin' Home" performance at Woodstock, but prior to that they were a really tight little jazz ensemble. I'd love to pick through your record collection. Its impressive!

Hi ColonelHogan .... Because of your nice comments (Thank You !), I listened to MJB's "Last Concert" album last night.
I haven't heard it in a while, and it still sounds great. Definitely a landmark recording !

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
[MENTION=111547]Adam18[/MENTION], that is mighty nice setup and collection!

I also enjoy music of nearly all types, although I've never been one to get into audio equipment. I like a very nice sound, but I've just never gotten into the gear.

Among my other hobbies are cooking, homebrewing, poker, cigars, pipe smoking, camping, homebrew and commercial beer judging, travel, writing, and being a bit of fitness to offset my wholehearted attempt to be a gourmand of all things. As such, you often see my avatar snorting around The Café, The Mess Hall, The Speakeasy, and The Brown Leaf. I need to spend more time in The Great Outdoors (both literally and in the B&B sense).

Believe it or not, I am sitting outside while listening to music (Spotify-New Music Friday), drinking an espresso, smoking a pipe, and just had some home cooked leftovers for breakfast. I'm going over the arrangements for my upcoming trip to Anchorage to enjoy and help judge a beer festival. Whaddya know about that? :w00t:

Okay Gentlemen ..... here's an off-beat topic. Yes, we all love our shaving hobby, but there are a lot of other great things out there to enjoy. Let's share a single hobby that's near and dear to our hearts. Just one of your favorite things.
For me ..... it's my music. A fantastic system in a wonderful room, with over 700 LP's (yup ! good old vinyl records !)
and over 1000 CD's ....... I love my music.

View attachment 716176View attachment 716177View attachment 716178

What turntable are you using?

Top Bottom