What's new

Another hobby besides shaving .

Guitars
Snowshoeing (if the snow's good)
SCA Rapier Combat
Going to see live Indie bands in small venues.
Building kites and flying them:
20 square foot "Mini-Mock"
Brazilian-style fighter, with RCAF roundel
2 m x 2.5 m Flowform, plus a pair of 22.8 m tube tails

For me, it's Photography. Digital SLR, film SLR, film rangefinder, film TLR, and 4x5 large format.
I enjoy black & white mostly, and develop & scan at home.

Guitars
Snowshoeing (if the snow's good)
SCA Rapier Combat
Going to see live Indie bands in small venues.
Building kites and flying them:
20 square foot "Mini-Mock"
Brazilian-style fighter, with RCAF roundel
2 m x 2.5 m Flowform, plus a pair of 22.8 m tube tails

Those are very nice!! I forgot to list kites. I actually haven't had the chance to fly them in over a year though. Nothing quite as nice as yours anymore though. The only real good one I have left is a 5 foot stunt kite.

Goodness. A range of things, though they seem to be paring away. Writing is the main one now. Since it's not enough to quit my day job, I consider it a hobby, with any money it makes a bonus. More often that not it doesn't. So it goes.

My main hobbies are; Guitars and basses, vinyl record collecting, and darts. I do have other hobbies but these are the staple ones.

I own an old Porsche 911 which I love driving around NZ and when I'm not in that I'm on my Victory Vegas 8Ball going round corners too fast. I've got a couple of Les Paul guitars that I "play", I'm getting into archery and target shoot a compound bow (may go deer hunting at some time). Plus I collect Vans shoes.

I took up playing the guitar a few years ago, and that is my favorite indoor hobby. I taught myself for a long time, using books and Youtube, but last year I started taking classes at a good music school. I wish I had done it much earlier, my playing has advanced far more quickly with a real teacher.

For the outdoors, I love cycling. I will be taking a 2500km ride across Japan at the end of the summer. It is something I have wanted to do since I was in junior high school, but never dreamed I would be able to do. Now I have been living in Japan for 10 years, but haven't had the time. But I figured that if I kept putting it off, it would never get done.

I'm getting my bike together, and now that the weather here in Tokyo is beginning to warm up, I will start training. I have 4 months to get into enough shape to ride 100km per day for nearly one month. It's not as bad as it sounds. I used to do a lot of road racing when I was in my late 20's, my longest race in one day was 242km.

For the outdoors, I love cycling. I will be taking a 2500km ride across Japan at the end of the summer. It is something I have wanted to do since I was in junior high school, but never dreamed I would be able to do. Now I have been living in Japan for 10 years, but haven't had the time. But I figured that if I kept putting it off, it would never get done.

I'm getting my bike together, and now that the weather here in Tokyo is beginning to warm up, I will start training. I have 4 months to get into enough shape to ride 100km per day for nearly one month. It's not as bad as it sounds. I used to do a lot of road racing when I was in my late 20's, my longest race in one day was 242km.

Wow! I thought the 100k I want to enter in May was going to be tough, but you are a rare breed. Best of luck, and please do a thread on the progress. That would be awesome to follow.

Happy Shaving
-Chris
US Army Veteran, Foxhole Shavers Club Member

Anybody that visits the brushmaking & restoration subforum would know I like casting and turning acrylics (and wood), mostly pens & brushes. I also like turning bowls, with ridges for lathering or not for everything else, and enjoy woodworking in general. Every so often I'll break out the snare drum I made and make a racket, but I don't drum nearly as much as I used to.

Chess tournaments; guitar; piano; scotch collecting; non-fiction; classical music; cooking; houseplants; balsa planes; etc. I'm a firm believer that hobbies stop madness. :001_302:

Okay Gentlemen ..... here's an off-beat topic. Yes, we all love our shaving hobby, but there are a lot of other great things out there to enjoy. Let's share a single hobby that's near and dear to our hearts. Just one of your favorite things.
For me ..... it's my music. A fantastic system in a wonderful room, with over 700 LP's (yup ! good old vinyl records !)
and over 1000 CD's ....... I love my music.

View attachment 716176View attachment 716177View attachment 716178
Nice EL34 power amp.

Top Bottom