What's new

January Theme Month 2017

Jan 1 cheap week
$image.jpg

happy new year to all

Cheap soap for this week is COL Conk's. Decent lather and shave with my Maggard V3 with MR1 handle and Copenhagen AS.

Sent using Tapatalk

Jan 2, 2017

Went with my Van der Williams mix (which also has a thin layer of Proraso Red on top but has broken through)
Not a lot of scent, but has a great slick shave!
Finished off with some Ice Blue.

$SOTD_010217.jpg

Day two of the Cheapo segment was the same as Day One, except I rotated brushes.

22mm TGN Finest brush from Bardstown Shave
Col. Conk Lime
Gillette Knack / Shark Superchromr
Men's Choice Arctic Blue as

Another great shave. Nothing wrong with Conk Lime, at all. Good solid soap.

DAY TWO CHEAP WEEK

I SHAVED WITH SAME SETUP DAY ONE BUT CHANGED RAZORS.

SETUP:
PRORASO PRESHAVE CREME WHITE
RR PLISSOFT SYNTHETIC BRUSH
DURHAM DUPLEX T HANDLE RAZOR
PRORASO SOAP WHITE
THAYERS CUCUMBER WH
PRORASO BALM WHITE

DFS TODAY
:shaving:

January 2nd

Razor: China 200 from @doc47 passaround
Blade: Stropped Leather 50x linen 25x
Soap/cream: Italian Barber Amici
Brush: Rudy Vey 2016 B&B Group Buy
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel Aloe Vera
Aftershave2: Indian Old Spice Lime

At $2.99 for 4.2 oz of soap there is not excuse not to own this soap. It is a great performer.

View attachment 713479

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
Jan 2 - Cheap Week

Soap: Italian Barber Amici - about $4 :)
Brush - Plissoft
Razor - Prismatic
Blade - Voskhod
Splash - The Holy Black Gin Fizz Tonic

I'm in

expensive:
SV 70th
cream:
Lea Classic, TOBS Lavender, Baum.be
stick:
speick, arko, la toja
mwf vs schaf:

Da Fat all week baby

Jan 2: B&B Soap Theme: Inexpensive Soap

Lather: Arko stick grated into a tub
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft "Disruptor" (22mm/57mm)
Razor: Valet AutoStrop Model VB1 (Made in Canada)
Blade: Despined GEM Stainless [7]
Splash: Aqua Velva Ice Blue with added menthol

You can't have an inexpensive soap theme without using Arko, the king of inexpensive soaps. I would be willing to bet that Arko would be a lot more popular with the soap snobs if it were priced 10x higher than it is. It's not just a good budget soap, it's a good soap PERIOD! Slick as the best of them, and possibly the easiest soap to lather. Anyone who likes citrusy barbershop scents should love the scent of Arko (or Williams).

I used my favorite AutoStrop today, but could have used my harsher one and not noticed a difference thanks to the thick layer of protective Arko on my face.

Finally, inspired by [MENTION=102039]Jaidmaster[/MENTION], what better way to complement a budget shave than with Aqua Velva Ice Blue - the King of Cool.

Cheap Day 3:

Semogue SOC two band
Conk Lime
Gillette Knack / Shark Superchrome
Men's Choice Arctic Blue as

Another good shave. My lather was slightly better with the TGN Finest brushes than the SOC; I think the SOC may be almost too dense for this soap. Still, a darn good shave.

proxy.php

Set up:
Gillette Black Beauty Adjustable E3 with GSB blade
Thater 4125-1 Silvertip 2 Band
CRSW Bergamot & Bay Soap & AS
Jo Malone Black Cedarwood & Juniper EdT sample

I received this soap from another member as a PIF and I fell in love. I liked it so much that I saw another BST to obtain another soap and matching AS. Don't regret that decision. I love the scent of Bergamot & Bay. The Bay part is pretty subtle and it is a lovely scent. The Bergamot is pretty tame since it doesn't burst with Citrus. It lasts awhile too. The moisturizing properties are a huge bonus especially with the drier winter air. After much searching through multiple companies, I found that the Jo Malone matched the scent the best.

Top Bottom