What's new

Revised SE2 from ATT

Coming very, very soon.
Many customers have commented that they would have preferred more separation between the SE1 and the SE2 concerning aggression and effectiveness. We listened. The SE1 will remain the same but the SE2 open comb will take a step up in aggression. The comb is much deeper (longer teeth) and the angle has been increased. I have already used the revised SE2 plate and on my face the efficiency and closeness is more like the H plate but the feel is near the R plate. I have been very pleased with the result of the redesign. I could have stopped shaving after two passes if I had choose to, but I did three anyway.
I believe a lot of you will really like the difference.
Below is a photo of the new version.

Attachments

• $DSCN6527.jpg
    $DSCN6527.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 228
  • $DSCN6522.jpg
    $DSCN6522.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 223
Stan, will this head continue to be sold as a 3-piece package with the SE1 base plate and single cap? What will happen with the milder original SE2 base plates that are presumably still in inventory?

If the angle of the plate/blade is different does that mean the opposite angle inside the cap is also different? Does the original SE cap still work interchangeably with this new baseplate?

If the angle of the plate/blade is different does that mean the opposite angle inside the cap is also different? Does the original SE cap still work interchangeably with this new baseplate?

The changes to the base plate do impact the cap. The same cap will fit either base plate.

Stan, will this head continue to be sold as a 3-piece package with the SE1 base plate and single cap? What will happen with the milder original SE2 base plates that are presumably still in inventory?

We will still offer the combo set as before. The original "short comb" plate will be phased out, in fact at this writing we only have seven left.

Coming very, very soon.
Many customers have commented that they would have preferred more separation between the SE1 and the SE2 concerning aggression and effectiveness. We listened. The SE1 will remain the same but the SE2 open comb will take a step up in aggression. The comb is much deeper (longer teeth) and the angle has been increased. I have already used the revised SE2 plate and on my face the efficiency and closeness is more like the H plate but the feel is near the R plate. I have been very pleased with the result of the redesign. I could have stopped shaving after two passes if I had choose to, but I did three anyway.
I believe a lot of you will really like the difference.
Below is a photo of the new version.

Update; The the original short comb version is no longer stock. When you purchase a SE2 from us you will receive the new more efficient long comb version.
Below is a link to the new SE2 in action.
youtube.com/watch?v=jI8kJV1-viY&t=132s and youtube.com/watch?v=0imfj_OwONQ&feature=share

Stan, I would echo Spidey9's question above. I love my SE1, and bought a new SE2 baseplate the first day they were listed on the ATT site. I have been disappointed in the similarity to the SE1; they are so similar that I wouldn't have bothered with the SE2 if I had known to expect that.
That said, I love the SE1 as well as the ATT DE's... But would sure like a more agressive SE2.

I realize this isn't the appropriate place to communicate with ATT, so have sent them an email regarding the above. Shaved again last night with my Kronos S1 and Gillette Silver Blue; darn, they make great razors!

Top Bottom