What's new

Let's See your Shavemac Collections!

I hope no one minds, I borrowed an idea for a thread from a gent at TSN...

Here is my Shavemac collection so far:

proxy.php

The 3 Shavemacs in the front are straight from Bernd, the balance all have Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip knots. There are 2 Rudy Veys in the fron row, 2 Wolf Whiskers in the back row, and one from PerFectWoodworks, made by Leo Frilot.

Quite a collection. I've only got 2 at present. Both directly from Bernd, and both delightfully scritchy D0-1 two bands ;$D0-1-2.jpg$D0-1-2_bloom.jpg

$E5253249.jpg

I only own three currently, but that will rectify itself next year. L to R: Barber handle 2-band Silvertip, D01 Silvertip, Older D01 2-band (Zero scritch). Pardon the inclusion of the German cousins, this was the only photo I had that was current.

Bernd posted this handle blank selection on Facebook some time ago. It was out of that selection that the brown & gold mottled handle came from on the D0-1 two band in my earlier post. Fourth row down, third from the left ;

$Shavemac_Handles.jpg

Last edited:
That is awesome! I didn't see that on Facebook. Thanks!

Your welcome, I hope I'm not enabling you ! :tongue_sm

Here is a photo of the other side of that D0-1 brown & gold mottled. Looks really great IMO ;

$Shavemac-52x26.jpg

And a photo of a friend's Shavemac brush which is what stimulated me to get the one above ;

$Jamie_Handle.jpg

My only Shavemac thus far, a 20/40 flat in D01 2-band. The handle is in faux tortoise, I think.

$Custom 20-40 Flat Spread.jpg

Pardon the crap pic, I haven't photo'd the brushes in a while.

Last edited:
I'd like to add another at some point, but for now, here's my one and only. Vulfix handle with Shavemac 3 band silvertip knot (mod done by Rudy Vey).

proxy.php

And the new one at far right, the flat top D01 2 band in a Rudy Vey golden burl teak handle:

Beautiful collection of Bernd's work. How is that Flat Top on the face ? I'm very intrigued by the flat top, and I did read a post/thread by the guy who first had one made. I'm just wondering if a scritchy flat top might be too much of a good thing ?

Beautiful collection of Bernd's work. How is that Flat Top on the face ? I'm very intrigued by the flat top, and I did read a post/thread by the guy who first had one made. I'm just wondering if a scritchy flat top might be too much of a good thing ?
Check out my opinion here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/441137-How-to-choose-a-nice-brush?p=8632997#post8632997

The D01's are special and the 2 bander is truly an acquired taste - it has to be enjoyed on its own, much like a glass of Lagavulin single malt! :thumbup1:

Check out my opinion here: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/441137-How-to-choose-a-nice-brush?p=8632997#post8632997

The D01's are special and the 2 bander is truly an acquired taste - it has to be enjoyed on its own, much like a glass of Lagavulin single malt! :thumbup1:
Thank you, I just finished reading that from the original link in your former post. Great write up ! I gather you are not a fan of scritch ? I love a prickly brush myself. My two D0-1 two bands have great scrtich and backbone. I asked Bernd for that specifically and he told me he would consider that in selecting the knot. He delivered the goods. BTW, I like Lagavulin too. :001_smile

I got my first three in the mail yesterday. The three in the middle. Got my first shave in with the silvertip and it was so luxurious I was impressed.

$CVe0COF.jpg

$aY85rWd.jpg

My Shavemac line up:

Left to right: D01 2 band in Rudy Vey handle (B&B LE 2014), 2 band silvertip in Rudy Vey handle (Holiday LE 2014), D01 3 band in Bernds octagonal handle, silvertip and finest in Bernds original handles.

And the new one at far right, the flat top D01 2 band in a Rudy Vey golden burl teak handle:

For write up go to : http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/441137-How-to-choose-a-nice-brush

:001_smile

Beautiful collection!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my first three in the mail yesterday. The three in the middle. Got my first shave in with the silvertip and it was so luxurious I was impressed.

View attachment 707745

View attachment 707746

Just wait until you get a few shaves on those 2 band knots, they are absolutely fantastic! All of my 2 bands have eventually acquired gel tips, and it usually doesn't take too many shaves either.

Seeing all these brushes it has occurred to me, I have never tried a D01 2 band knot. Well, that's changed! I just made an order on Bernd's dite!

Top Bottom