What's new

Softer Soaps

Captain's Choice is softer, more like a croap. They have a decent scent, my favorite being North, that is distinct but not too strong.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
Cella
Valobra soft soap
any Valobra puck though it is a hard soap
La Savonniere du Moulin
Martin de Candre
Tabac (hard)
Los Angeles Shave Soap Co (LASSC)
Boellis Panama
Antica Barbieria Colla, soft or hard

You'll have more lather than you can shake a brush at with any of these. SdM, ABC, Boellis, and MdC all load faster than most other soft soaps.

Cheers, Steve

MW is known to be a difficult soap to lather, and I don't think that Stirling is particularly easy, either.

You need to try some soaps that are known for their latherability. Personally, I like Haslinger, CRSW, and LASSC. These are absolutely top notch soaps, and will completely blow away your cheap Razorock soap.

Dr Jon's vegan soaps are very soft and create gobs of slick lather quite easily. I'm getting near the end of my can of Hydra, and I've reloaded on soaps so much that I don't really need to replace it, but it's so darn good to shave with I probably will.

Highly recommended

Captain's Choice is softer, more like a croap. They have a decent scent, my favorite being North, that is distinct but not too strong.

+1. When RazoRock discontinued Captain's Choice Bay Rum, I switched to CC North. Because both are easy to lather with my smaller brushes, RR or CC are my vacation/travel choices.

Everyone raves about Castle Forbes, but I had a bit of trouble lathering it. The cream is so thick that when you put a dab of it in a bowl, it just swirls around, without breaking down.

Dear muiriddin,
Some gents state that CF is like a cream rather than a soap.
Is it that soft?
How do you load your brush when using CF?
Thank you.
Chiseled Face is a soft soap almost a croap. It does not load any different for me than others. I just would never bloom it and also tend to leave the cover off for about an hour or two after using, letting it thoroughly dry.

Top Bottom