What's new

THEHTGAM/PPF/PH0ENIX/D0UGLAS/H0DGES/FRANCES Thread

$Screenshot_20161204-120244.png$Screenshot_20161204-120141.png hope this helps for those who are confused.

The Stainless is IMO extremely aggressive; I'm still trying to find the right blade for it. It feels more aggressive to me than the iKon ShaveCraft. In terms of efficiency, it's about on par with the R41.

I also own the Aluminum version, which is more efficient than early iterations, but not at all as aggressive as the SS version. I prefer the aluminum one.

Todd Rollin

Todd,

This is the exact info I was looking for. So the Stainless DOC is more aggressive than the aluminum version? Not to be confused with the ultra mild original DOC.

Cheers
John

Hello,

Well I just fell victim to seasonal RAD. Just ordered the SS DOC and a Prismatic to use up a gift card. This should be a good head shaver with the DOC.

Cheers
John

$DOC.JPG$Prism.JPG

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that is a picture of a Black Death Doctor. They wore those masks because, at the time, they thought the plague was airborne and could be spread by foul smelling or "contaminated" air. It was called the maisma theory if you care to look it up. As for why a black death doctor is on a very excellent smelling aftershave, I have absolutely no idea.

Recently I learned about PAA bakelite open comb slant. While I am normally not a big fan of torqued blades, I decided that I want to try it just because it also got an open comb.

One of my favorite razors is Mühle R41. I wonder how PAA Bakelite will compare to R41? If you love R41 and you have tried PAA Bakelite, please tell your opinion!

As additional information: I am not a big fan of all "aggressive" razors in general. I dislike iKon SB, Fatip and some other well known aggressive ones. There are some "aggressive" ones I love and R41 is one of them.

If you are like me, then your opinion will be especially interesting for me.

Hi all
i was looking at purchasing a new aftershave I was told by a friend to have a look at paa club guy. Just looking for some opinions on this aftershave what's the scent like also how long it lasts

any Input is appreciated

I have both razors and for me both are relatively new. The PAA is less aggressive than the R41. Both deliver a great shave. The PAA had a larger learning curve but it was my first slant...

The PAA is also really light so you do end up applying just a touch of pressure while shaving...

Requirement: love the R41 - yep. Shaved with both R41 and PAA - yep.

For me it's apples and oranges as far as comparing the razors.
They are just very different animals (slant vs nonslant). However - we are talking about
2 specific examples.

In comparing the shave experience and the end result, I am liking the PAA. I am working on finding the best blade
match for me. But, in general, the slant has been: very efficient, very smooth, not overly aggressive. YMMV.

Advantage PAA.

Ask me tomorrow and I might choose R41. Loving them both.

I may try the PAA again with my new cream I love. Interesting thread. Almost bought an R41 head. Good to hear what people think. I think the PAA is very aggressive. Could be I have not got the technique with it yet.

PAA has sample glass vials for a buck and a lot of scents. I don't have Clubguy but
I have read good comments about it. Try some samples, that's the way to go.

I have 14 full bottles of PAA aftershave splash, and love everyone of them (although I've never tried Club Guy). I would go for it. In fact, I've made a habit of buying any PAA aftershave if the price is right, no matter the scent description. None of them have failed me. They're also the longest lasting scents of all my 100 or so aftershave splashes.

Ha! As an IP rights lawyer, I hear ya. Perhaps the market share of PAA is not enough to draw attention. Or perhaps they negotiate with the rights holders in advance. Or perhaps their disclaimers are adequate. Or perhaps there's not any confusion in the marketplace. Who knows? Whatever, I love the PAA aftershave splashes.

Top Bottom