What's new

Matchstick Nick healer works. And well.

Neat item I picked up a few months ago that pairs very well with my Alum Bar. An excellent product that does exactly what it's supposed to do. Stop your nicks and weepers from constant blood trickles. Let's face it Gents, not all of our shaves are perfect. And sometimes an Alum bar pass isn't enough to stop some of those deeper nicks and cuts. That's where these guys come in handy. Barber Upp Green Stix. Packaged like a matchbook, each packet has 20 sticks that you pull out like an ordinary matchstick. Wet the Aluminum Sulfate end, dab onto your nick and cuts, and within seconds, bleed no more. Once your done, just throw it away. No mess, real easy and real hygienic. Works for those who are not into the Alum Bar thing because of it being unhygienic. Just another tool to consider adding to your shaving kit/ensemble. Couple pic's below:

$20161204_112231.jpg
Just like matchsticks....
$20161204_112254.jpg

Anyone ever try these before? If you have, thoughts and comments would be welcome. :thumbup:

I'd try them. Sometimes you have to press into the cut to get it to stop. I think the thin flat design will get deeper into cuts as opposed to the styptic pen. Where did you get them?

(Depending on order size) I receive these fairly regularly along with other freebies from my favorite (UK) shaving supplier (Shave Lounge).

$Alum-Matchsticks.jpg

I've never used them and don't intend starting to, but I'm sure they can be very useful so they currently live in my "next PIF" box.

I have a couple packs and they do work, but so far (I've only used them a few times) I've found that I still prefer a styptic pencil. While I like the convenience of just throwing the match out verses drying the pencil, I like the actual application of the pencil more.

Most people don't know that when using ANY styptic, you must hold it on the nick/cut for up to 60 seconds (depending on nick/cut size) for it to work properly.

Most people don't know that when using ANY styptic, you must hold it on the nick/cut for up to 60 seconds (depending on nick/cut size) for it to work properly.

Good point. Also, wet the styptic pencil, pen, or match stick with a drop of water. Also, don't touch or wipe the cut for a minute or so to give it time to work.

Last edited:
Styptic pencil works great! Web the bleeder, touch stick to it, move on. Al though the match stick design woudl fit nicely into a small travel kit.

Top Bottom