What's new

Dry skin war

Its getting cold outside and the heat is on in the house.So, that means dry skin season among us..I've been using Plamers cocoa butter mens product.I smell like one big candy bar and I don't mind at one bit..Im thanking about not showering evey other day to help as I use a alum block it kills the smell for two days...:001_cool:

I got a sample tube of Gold Bond Men's Essential in the mail a few days ago, and have been using it on my hands. It is somewhat greasy and sticky, but works pretty good.

Best i've found so far is Body Shop's Coconut Body Butter, better then their Shea Body Butter for me, haven't tried any of the others mentioned so far but would love to find something even more effective then what i'm using.
dave

I have always suffered from ashy elbows. Earlier this year I switched to Stirling and Soap Commander bar soap. Also before I bed I use Stirling Lotion in Executive Man scent. Ever since I switched to these two things I have not had ashy elbows or dry skin problems. And so far this winter my Eczema has not flared up either.

Palmer's works great but the scent is a bit hard to take. The Nivea In-Shower and Neutrogena products are good as well. Other products worth a look include Weleda Skin Food and CerVe Moisturizing Cream. My wife says to add Cetaphil, Clinique, Clarins, REN and Origins to the "worth trying" list.
This seems to be another YMMV area where you just need to figure out what works for you or what has the best price:performance ratio.

I find the tubs of Cetaphil work really well, for some reason the tub works better than any of their products in tubes or bottles......

I'm still on the hunt for the right moisturizer for my face and my hands. In the past, I just used whatever I grabbed off the shelf when I went grocery shopping but since switching to traditional shaving, I've gotten more interested in skincare. I'm not trying to break the bank however. I've heard good things about Kiss My Face and I was wondering if anyone here had experience with it. Barring that, I might just try shea butter if I can actually find it for sale anywhere.

I just buy my shea butter from Amazon. $15 for a one pound package of organic, raw, unrefined good stuff.
And if it doesn't work out for you, supposedly you can even cook with it.

I'm one more on the shea butter bandwagon. I bought a little tub of it first, and then I bought a kilo that is lasting a couple of years. It appeals to me because it is cheap, unfragranced, effective. I would spend a heap of money on Aveeno otherwise. Especially during winter.

Along with the lotions, check your diet. I eat a pretty low fat diet - no dairy or red meat for starters. I find that taking fatty acid supplements or adding lignans to my diet makes a big difference.

Top Bottom