What's new

Proraso Green Lovers

Hey guys, who here like likes Proraso Green and uses it frequently or as their main cream? What are your thoughts about it? I use it frequently in my rotation... I find it a very decent cream and a welcome change from some of the other great creams that I use.

The last shave I did with it was great ! Looking forward to that next time.... All replies much welcomed,

John H.

This was my first cream for brush use after I got back to DE shaving. I love the performance and the scent. Of coarse I use it in the form of C.O. Bigelow as I get it locally.

Used it today. Never tried the other flavors. I like mixing in the cheap classics between the artisan soaps. Arko also fits this old school bill for me. I track my shaves and have used it 7 out of my last 77. Since I have 12 soaps in my current rotation, this is more then average.

I'm essentially a soap user
I tried Proraso Red, White & Green Soaps and was so impressed that when I saw a job lot of Proraso Red, White, Blue & Green Creams + a giant 500ml Proraso Green Cream at auction on eBay I snapped them up
I sold the 500ml on eBay to recoup most of the cost - effectively the creams that I kept only cost me €2 each

Blue and White are my overall favourites for a leisurely shave to add a touch of luxury, but I like the Green either to cool down when I'm shaving during a heatwave, or as a heart starter if I'm exceptionally tired early in the morning

I rarely use creams in the winter, and I'm slowly but surely running down my stocks of cream and aim to end up with my Proraso Red, White, Blue and Green creams for "best" and Nivea Cream for regular use

I don't particularly like menthol, so it's not for me, even though its performance can't be faulted . Proraso Blu is the cream of the crop for me - I find the scent very pleasant and the post-shave feel is exceptional.

Same here on the first croap part. I like Proraso, but there are so many more interesting scents (to me) that I rarely use it.

This was my first cream for brush use after I got back to DE shaving. I love the performance and the scent. Of coarse I use it in the form of C.O. Bigelow as I get it locally.

Good stuff. Frequently appears at the sink in the AM. I am kind of a menthol head. A splash of AV Ice Blue finishes a good Proraso shave.

Proraso green cream is good stuff, wish I could use it more!
im just as often reaching for the soap these days.
both excellent.

$image.jpeg

I use proraso green and I really like it! I use the red too. Have not tried the white or the blue yet. It's not the best soap in terms of slickness- i.e. U have to re-lather spots u missed unlike MWF and soap Commander - for these I can run the razor all over even after the soap is gone. But despite this I still really like proraso and I'll buy more when ready.

bigleo which is bath and body works rebranded proraso green. is on sell right now buy 3 get 3 free and 10 dollars each or buy 2 get 1 free.

Really happy with both Proraso Green and Red creams. In fact, just finished a wonderful shave with Red cream and my Simpson's Colonel X2L brush. I was also very pleased with the Green tub soap, but lately liking the Cella soap a little better.

I'm having a rekindled love affair with Proraso. I know some people tend to dismiss it in favor of artisan soaps, but I can honestly say it's right up there with Soap Commander and Stirling for me. Yesterday, I used Proraso Green (a longtime favorite) and, for the first time ever, Proraso Menthol & Eucalyptus Aftershave Balm. I'll put it this way--not only did I love the performance and scent, but SWMBO's reaction guaranteed I will be using this combination again! :001_wub:

Proraso green is definitely a decent cream, especially good during summer. I quite enjoy the medicinal eucalyptus scent as well.:thumbup1:

I have only used the C.O. Bigelow cream, but I have genuine Proraso gear for the Pre-shave, ASL and ASB.

I luv this cream in the Dog Days of Summer. Its the best way I know to start the day when the temp is going to be 90+.

I had a bad experience with the green croap ... no matter what I did, I could not get this to lather. More water, less water, different brushes ... it just sat there and laughed at me. I think it might have gotten stale or something because it was long past its expiry date, but other expired Proraso products in that same batch from BST were just fine.

C.O. Bigelow was the first "real" shaving cream I ever tried. That was almost 9 years ago, and my den hasn't been without it ever since3.

Top Bottom