What's new

This won't hone out.

I am with Seraphim, it can work.

I would measure the spine thickness and the "new" size of the blade and calculate the bevel angle, I am guessing one would need to thin out the spine a bit to fall in a good range

Well, I just got a fbu with a really good blade and really poor scales fairly cheaply so when I drill all this stuff free he can have that chewed up fbo to try salvaging something. It would be a fun log.

Forgot pic or it didn't happen. Back scale is a wreck but sitting pretty @ well under $200. Don't even have much cleanup to do. $20161103_024157.jpg

PM me when you're ready to send the carcass....:thumbup1:

I drilled it off tonight. Tried a new bit I bought made by irwin. Cobalt model made to drill trough things like pipe and brackets. It's incredible how neat I was able to be with the xacto knife style handle drill bit setup and that bit. I didn't even deform the washers' hole which isn't always easy. This really was not used, the inner support for the washers tell the tale. Usually, they are rotten to the core and these are almost perfect. $20161103_030705.jpg$20161103_030944.jpg$20161103_030949.jpg$20161103_031002.jpg$20161103_031008.jpg

I will pm you so I can get this out so you can try turning this into a.... joseph elliot going by your diagram.

Ok, I packed a second less severe/older sheffield wreck I remember I had from when I scavenged horn to repair my savage's pressed horn scales along with it in case the fbo shatters so you should get something to shave.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Ok, I packed a second less severe/older sheffield wreck I remember I had from when I scavenged horn to repair my savage's pressed horn scales along with it in case the fbo shatters so you should get something to shave.
I hope you packed it carefully with added insurance.

The funny thing about the other one I threw in was someone must have stirred white paint with the blade at one point..... Yeah I had to strip paint off of the thing....

Well that's in the mail... May not hone out but maybe he can dremel it out.... or grind it out.... or a mix

Wow. I wonder what kind of a special person it was that owned that razor. And mixing paint with a straight razor? Haha

You would be shocked at the levels of stupid. I bought an mk31 heljestrand a few weeks ago that someone dipped the bevel into tool dip to.... IDK childproof the edge? It was pure paranoia just getting that off without tearing or chipping the steel...

He should have that tomorrow. We'll see if his confidence wanes. That's a lot of old, thin steel with oxidation to vibrate.

It will be interesting to see regardless. The spine is going to have to be thinned a bit or the bevel angle will be vile. Paint blade has some good potential to be a genuinely nice shaving blade, it just needs the toe reshaped, the stabilizer relaxed, some oxidation removal and not a lot else. Well, scales...

Top Bottom