What's new

DE techinque for under nostrils

I've always found a DE much better suited to shave under my nose than the Mach3. I could never get the bottom blade of the Mach 3 to start shaving hair without the top blade shaving my nostril. With a DE, There's just one blade, and I just wedge it right in there and shave. It's always been kind of intuitive for me.

But, if you are having issues, I'd suggest sideways passes. This always cleans up anything I might miss form my N-S pass. With a sideways pass, you can get the blade right up to the bottom of your nostril no problem.

I'm sure you've seen it before if you've watched videos, but also, facial contortions can help. You want to try to flatten the upper lip as much as possible. Keep your lips closed, but try to lower your jaw as much as possible. This will pull your top lip over your teeth and lessen the angle from your lip to your nostrils.

Agree TheVez2. A Harry's 5 bladed cartridge is horrible for shaving close to the nostril. It was shortly after that crappy cartridge shave that I switched to DE razor.

I use a Merkur Futur and have not had a problem right under my nostrils. And, I don't have a small nose. I use the oversized head of the razor to lift my nostrils and then shave down (N to S). Smooth as silk.

Top Bottom