What's new

Mr Bingle Presents: Reindeer&Sleigh Ver.3

Can't participate but I'm still excited!

$Excited-1.gif
$Excited-2.gif
$Excited.gif

dunno. never found the ham radio section of b&b.

I beg to differ.... you've posted (Kd8bto) in the ham radio threads in the Barber Shop Forum. And there's the The Ham Shack - B&B's Amateur Radio Club in the Clubs and Brotherhoods Forum. Just because there isn't a specific forum for it, doesn't mean it's not a part of B&B.

Last edited:
I beg to differ.... you've posted (Kd8bto) in the ham radio threads in the Barber Shop Forum. Just because there isn't a specific forum for it, doesn't mean it's not a part of B&B.
This is true. I was meaning no specific place for ham radio. I'm sure there are quite a few of us here though. incidentally, I have had a call sign change since then. NK8M now.

For those of you who have never used ELFster before. When you get paired up with your buddy and see their wish list you have the option of marking an item as purchased. I encourage you to use this feature. You buddy will not see this change, but anybody else who views their list will. Some of us use our Elfster wishlist for other exchanges as well, so multiple people can be shopping off the same list and it's good to let someone else to not buy an item that you already bought.

Also, you don't have to get items form the Elfster wish list. Do some research on your buddy, read their posts, view their wiki user page, get to know them a bit (i.e. stalk them!). See if they have posted on the forum about wanting to try something. Maybe they really like a certain scent or certain product and you have the perfect thing to go along with it. Surprise them! It'll make a much more personally gift and be more meaningful to them, than just picking something off their list.

MFW I see the Mr. Bingle post in the soaps sub :

proxy.php

Words can't describe the excitement! This is, by far, my favorite B&B event of the year, and the time leading up to the unveilings when packages start arriving is pretty darn magical. Will most definitely be participating again, as the past 2 years have been great!

What sorcery is this? We haven't even been paired up yet!
Thank you. I am debating on joining after reading last year's thread, and the Christmas in July, but I saw that post and though...what the...why are the early birds paired already!
:001_cool:

Are we there yet??? The Collage begins muahahahahaha
View attachment 697791

Oh my!! Starting early this year!!

proxy.php

Do you mean non Shaving? I don't think there's a hobby out there that doesn't fit on B&B somewhere.

Oh good!!!! I can finally get those missing pieces for my vintage underwear collection!!

For those of you who have never used ELFster before. When you get paired up with your buddy and see their wish list you have the option of marking an item as purchased. I encourage you to use this feature. You buddy will not see this change, but anybody else who views their list will. Some of us use our Elfster wishlist for other exchanges as well, so multiple people can be shopping off the same list and it's good to let someone else to not buy an item that you already bought.

Also, you don't have to get items form the Elfster wish list. Do some research on your buddy, read their posts, view their wiki user page, get to know them a bit (i.e. stalk them!). See if they have posted on the forum about wanting to try something. Maybe they really like a certain scent or certain product and you have the perfect thing to go along with it. Surprise them! It'll make a much more personally gift and be more meaningful to them, than just picking something off their list.

These are actually 2 REALLY great points. With regards to the second point, there are all sorts of things I've posted about loving to try or experience, that may never make it to my wishlist. I'd still be thrilled to obtain them, but perhaps I couldn't remember when filling out a wishlist, or just decided to not include it for some strange reason.

STALK YOUR PREY!

For those who have done this before, what is "typical" or average in the way of spending. I would hate to join with the $15 amount in mind and then find out there are unofficial expectations---like my partner has nothing but toggles, aristocrats or unobtainable items on their list. Any thoughts?

Is there just one paired match or could folks have multiple partners (pardon the odd phrasing, lol). Are matches done by interest?

Do you ever find out who your secret partner is after the event to say thank you?

Anyway, I'm thinking of joining, but have a few questions. Thanks :001_smile

Top Bottom