What's new

Made one of those "out of left field" purchases

I received a gift voucher for a local pen shop a while ago and I finally had a chance to cash it in. I went in not really sure what to put the money toward, but I had been eying off a bottle of Yama Budo. Totally out of left field I ended up getting a bottle of Mont Blanc Oyster Grey. I haven't had a chance to use it yet, but I am impressed by the bottle.

Grey inks are understated while making a statement. The oyster gray is a great color and I hope you do t hesitate to use it!
I have a bottle of the iroshozu old man winter inked in one if my Pelikan 140s. It sets a great charge for a letter or note.
Shades like that can really shine on non white paper. For instance, I love a lot of brown ink on yellow paper. Play around d with it and enjoy .

I've loaded up the Pilot 78g and given the MB a go. It had trouble on the clairefontaine 90 GSM paper, but maybe that was oil from my fingers. Tried it out on the copy paper that the household calendar is printed on and it was much better. It looked really nice next to the red and blue biro that the rest of the family use.

On an unrelated note. [MENTION=42306]ChefJohnBoy-ardee[/MENTION] nice avatar. The world needs more people like Spike.

Top Bottom