What's new

2024 Digital purchasing restraint

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Knowing this new quest was on the horizon, I have been using December to prepare for it. I have had a few last ditch brush and blade purchases, to get stuff here I wouldn't be able to chase in person with cash.

However, I also had a practice swing with Christmas and birthdays around the same time. All those gifts were bought in person. They felt more personal and more thoughtful. They were well received too. It's a little more effort, but somehow more rewarding too. I hope the purchases I make for myself next year, will feel the same.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I have made a grand total two digital purchases so far this year. The first (last month) was for a few shaving brushes I was after last year, but didn't find them at the right price. I managed to nab all four (one boar, two mixed, and one best badger) for roughly £40 delivered.

20240121_140918.jpg

Yesterday, I placed the second digital spend order. A batch of Easy Lace silicone no-tie shoe laces. I have been using these in one pair of shoes for a while, and have now been using them long enough to trust them, and recognise the comfort benefits. Timpsons in the UK (a kind of shoe care, key cutting and engraving chain of shops), used to sell these, but seem to have dropped them. So while I probably could find them in person at other shoe places, I'd have to travel too far and maybe only find very limited stocks anyway. Digital purchase justified.

I ordered four packs of brown and a pack of black in the round lace format (for dressier Derby/Oxford type shoes), then three packs of brown and a pack each of black, blue, and grey, in the flat lace style (for more casual shoes). There's 20 laces per pack (one lace only does one pair of eyelets), so I should get a fair few shoes/boots converted, I hope. Although it depends on what lengths each shoe needs. I'll probably start a thread on them in the Haberdashery sub-forum when they land.

Top Bottom