What's new

The Pea Coat

ha. Funny thing is, some years back, the Brits, who called the Donkey Coats, got seriously into USN pea coats. Apparently it was part of the house music fashion.

They were Donkey Jackets. Not unlike a Pea coat. Made in a fairly coarse material but with leather or plastic on the shoulders the help keep the rain out.

I too have a US surplus pea coat and agree they are fairly warm but not a patch on my Gloverall Royal Navy style duffel coat! Hardly ever get to wear that as it is so warm. Very comfortable though.

Gareth

This was back in 2006, but I still have the same jacket today.

proxy.php

Back when I lived in NH, I would wear my Dad's Navy-issued pea coat. Fit me like a glove and seriously warm. I miss having the opportunity to wear it.

My WWII pea coat from the Brooklyn factory is my go-to black winter coat. It has corduroy pockets and a chin strap. Classic, warm, fits great - what more could you want.

First hab post, but I just picked up one at an antique store. I have always like them and had some different version along the way, but now I have the real deal. It need a bit of attention to one of the pocket but otherwise it is good to go. I look forward to the colder weather to actually be able to use it.

First hab post, but I just picked up one at an antique store. I have always like them and had some different version along the way, but now I have the real deal. It need a bit of attention to one of the pocket but otherwise it is good to go. I look forward to the colder weather to actually be able to use it.

Excellent. I am still looking.

I have my uncle's Navy-issued coat which fits me like a glove. Classic style, never out of fashion in my opinion and looks great with almost anything. That coat is so warm however, that I feel like I don't often have an opportunity to wear it. That's the only down side.

Never goes out of style. I got a nice Calvin Klein jacket at Marshalls for around $75. I wear it often in the cold Wisconsin winters.

Top Bottom