What's new

Another Antique store find

I had some time to kill between loads today and found an antique store that was accessable with the truck. (this is a problem)
I wasn't able to find any razors, but I did run across this Williams ' CURRIER & IVES SHAVING BOWL. Overall it is in really good un-used condition. It is also the first of its kind that Ihave found in the wild.
$IMG_20160922_141746.jpg $IMG_20160922_141604_1.jpg

Have you tried the soap? How is it for shaving? Does it still have any scent?

Just bought it a few hours ago and I won't be getting home 'till sometime next week. I have some other soaps to use up before i try this one and as for the scent , it smells about the same as the other vintage Williams that I have. Smells like soap, no special smell to them. At least it isn't musty smelling like the oldest of my Williams pucks does.
Lenaud01, They is some discoloration but that is normal for older , tallow based soaps, Not a problem, wash it off or scape a bit off the top. Remember it's just soap.

Last edited:
Parking in general is getting to be a pain, but trying to find an antique store that is accessable and has enough room to turn around and park is rare. This one was south of Atlanta. I looked them up and called first, just so I didn't get in a bind. Google maps helps too. You can get a good picture of the layout before going in.

P.S. I left a bunch of vintage blades and Avon Aftershave for the rest of you.:thumbup1:

I have just about all of the great vintage soaps (and not so great) ever sold, and that one sir, is at the top of the list. A truly wonderful, smooth and creamy lather. Much like vintage Yardley, but a bit better.

Enjoy!

Glad to hear that this is top quality soap. I have some vintage Colgate and Willams soaps in mugs now plus a few others. The plan is to finnish up some that are in use before starting another. This one might just get moved to the top of the list.

Top Bottom