What's new

College Football

From a logistical standpoint it would help Mizzou. Letting them move into the western division. But you have got to think of the divisional rivalries and the crossover games. Auburn is like several other teams in the sec right now, including Alabama- can't find a great quaterback. That's Gus's problem right now,defence plays lights out but offence suffers. Auburn moving to the east would give them a better schedule. But the last few years all the east teams are catching up on the west. Last nights game might cooled the seat for Gus. But I can see Miles leaving after this year reguardless of his buy-out. LSU fanbase has had enough.

As you stated, Bama has a tough schedule ahead. I do think they steamroll over TN.

Despite their poor play, LSU could be a tricky game for Bama. I think it's at Death Valley.

As you stated, Bama has a tough schedule ahead. I do think they steamroll over TN.

Despite their poor play, LSU could be a tricky game for Bama. I think it's at Death Valley.
Yes we play LSU there and have A&M at home and Tennessee there. There is always so many factors each week for all SEC teams, with injuries, how freshman play in big rival games and always how good can each team can recover from a loss. A&M got a gift with Trevor Knight falling in their lap. That boy can spin it.

Nah. They could still win the conference. Those were respectable teams OU lost to. And he has a National Championship and 9 Big 12 championships. He decides when he goes.

Is there any chatter out there about who will take over at LSU for the short term? As in the next few games?

D line coach Ed Orgeron
Good Heavens! I was living in Oxford when he came to Ole Miss. No luck there, but he did do okay at USC. He's a natural Cajun--played his ball at Louisiana Tech I believe. He'll fit in at Death Valley if he can win.

Good Heavens! I was living in Oxford when he came to Ole Miss. No luck there, but he did do okay at USC. He's a natural Cajun--played his ball at Louisiana Tech I believe. He'll fit in at Death Valley if he can win.

He played Linebacker at LSU for a year and then transferred to Northwestern Louisiana. He has already brought a lot of energy to the team. I am anxious to see how he does.

In his press conference on Monday he explained what happened at Ole Miss and the things he has learned at USC. We will see what happens.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Well, my Spartans will be fighting the Irish today.... Any idea why U of M quit playing Notre Dame? Maybe they're CHICKEN. Sorry, could not help poking my favorite in state rivals a little.
Dave:
$Sparty.jpg I was born and raised in East Lansing and MSU is my alma matter! :thumbsup:

Next up...Saturday, October 1, 7:00 PM (Central), @ the Memorial Stadium, in Bloomington, Indiana;

proxy.php
Michigan State Spartans 2-1 vs. $Hoosiers.pngIndiana Hoosiers 2-1

proxy.php
Go Spartans!

In his press conference on Monday he explained what happened at Ole Miss and the things he has learned at USC. We will see what happens.

So what was the Tiger fan base reaction to his press conference? Are they taking a wait and see approach or are many of them calling for a $10,000,000 coach?

I think the overwhelming majority want Jimbo Fisher, but the fan base loves Ed Orgeron. I think if it came down to not getting Jimbo or maybe Herman I think they would be okay bringing coach O on permanently. As far as right now, every one is very excited to have him as the interim head coach.

Sent from the Danger Phone

I think the overwhelming majority want Jimbo Fisher, but the fan base loves Ed Orgeron. I think if it came down to not getting Jimbo or maybe Herman I think they would be okay bringing coach O on permanently. As far as right now, every one is very excited to have him as the interim head coach.

Thanks. Last question: Is Lane Kiffin's name even being floated? I figure after this year, he will have paid his penance in full and will be anxious to get back to a HC job. Do you think there is any chance he and Coach O will work together again? At LSU?

Thanks. Last question: Is Lane Kiffin's name even being floated? I figure after this year, he will have paid his penance in full and will be anxious to get back to a HC job. Do you think there is any chance he and Coach O will work together again? At LSU?
Actually his name comes up a lot as OC. Coach O has a good relationship with him and some people think Kiffin will come to LSU if Orgeron becomes HC.

Sent from the Danger Phone

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Dave:
View attachment 691969 I was born and raised in East Lansing and MSU is my alma matter! :thumbsup:

Next up...Saturday, October 1, 7:00 PM (Central), @ the Memorial Stadium, in Bloomington, Indiana;

proxy.php
Michigan State Spartans 2-1 vs. View attachment 691968Indiana Hoosiers 2-1

proxy.php
Go Spartans!
That Wisconsin game still stings. Nobody loves Mark Dantonio more than me, but the truth is, MSU is only lacking in QB development. Every other aspect of their game just keeps rolling along, year after year. How do schools like Alabama ALWAYS seem to have such a strong bench year after year? Oh, I forgot! It's Alabama! I REALLY hate Nick Saban. Almost as much as Urban Meyer!, lol

How do schools like Alabama ALWAYS seem to have such a strong bench year after year? Oh, I forgot! It's Alabama! I REALLY hate Nick Saban. Almost as much as Urban Meyer!, lol

It's all about recruiting. Bama has had the #1 class for the last 5 years. Ohio State will have the #1 class in 2017 with Bama at #2. In fact, the 2017 Ohio St. recruiting class is the best I have ever seen.

There is a direct correlation between the top 3 recruiting classes and winning a national title.

As far a MSU, I hope they smoke Michigan and Ohio State.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It's all about recruiting. Bama has had the #1 class for the last 5 years. Ohio State will have the #1 class in 2017 with Bama at #2. In fact, the 2017 Ohio St. recruiting class is the best I have ever seen.

There is a direct correlation between the top 3 recruiting classes and winning a national title.

As far a MSU, I hope they smoke Michigan and Ohio State.

Ditto on beating UM & OSU. I just hope we win tomorrow, lol.

Top Bottom