What's new

What's the most you ever had.........

M

modern man

When I was 18 years old and enjoying my first weekend as a college student in Cleveland, I happened upon a drinking spot called Becky's on East 19th and Chester Avenue. From what my friends told me I had 15 frosty mugs of Killian's Irish Red and five shots of Goldschläger. The only thing I remember about the next day is I was so sore that my hair hurt and I kept apologizing to my friends for things that apparently only happened in my own mind.

Speaking of drunk in Cleveland.

It is my life long dream to have a beer in every barstool at The Beer Barrel out at Put-in-Bay.

I did make it pretty far but not enough. :w00t:

Camp Hansen, Okinawa enlisted club. I was part of the Battalion Advanced Party, there to get the area ready for the rest of the Bn. to arrive about two weeks later. About twelve of us in the club, a few days before payday, and all of us darned near broke. So we went, ordered a couple or few beers apiece and sat down. A couple of the guys were taking the empties and pouring the backwash into a bottle to save for the last drink.
The corpsman and armorer ended up with a dollar between them. They went into the room with the slot machines where one dropped a quarter and won $87.50. The other dropped two quarters into two machines and won $87.50 twice. They came back into the bar just in time to see the two others kick back their bottle of backwash. They proceeded to the bar and bought cases of beer and set them in the middle of the tables.
Needless to say the rest of the night was.....hmmmm...can't remember the rest of the night. Going to work the next morning was a b***h, though!

Kevin

Them crazy Docs :lol::lol::lol:

In college, we had "Case Day". You had 24 hours to drink a case of beer all by yourself. Sounds easy, but let me tell you, it isn't. I was the only one to complete the task.

Edit: A case is 24, 12 ounce brews.

Did ya ever up it to a 30 pack of Bush? No? You must have went to a fancy college. :001_rolle :lol:

I can't say I am proud, but in my peak of college, one night I had half a bottle of ICE 101 (101 proof) followed it up with a bottle of MD 20/20, and then the keg arrived. I can never remember how many beers I had. I don't remember the day after at all. Now I am happy with a bourbon or two.

Wow, I thought I had some heavy stories. I am humbled by some of the drinking sprees some of you folks are spilling.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Thank you sir, may I have another! :lol:

Once i got falling-down drunk in a bar in Sasebo, Japan. Drunk enough that at closing time I refused to leave. The mama-san, who had never seen me before in her life, didn't call the police or shore patrol. She said, "All right, you stupid sailor. But I am going home." She threw a blanket and a pillow into one of the booths, turned out the lights, locked up and left. When she opened up the next morning, she brought me some breakfast! That is one of many reasons why I love Japan so much.

M

modern man

She closed the bar?

I remember many times walking out of a bar in Japan to "the rising sun".

Now I am two drink limit kind of guy, maybe three beers if I am at home and in a really good, relaxed mood. However, looking back I was once, stupidly, proud of my capacity to put away large quantities of alcohol and still function, more or less. I think I maybe lucky to be alive.

The worst, most embarrassing time was when a friend and I were in a bar on a Friday night after an Astro's game drinking shots of tequila. This was after drinking a lot of beer at the Dome. He was going to through a really rough divorce and I was breaking up the girl I was going out with at that time. I think we were drinking to forget and we did a darn good job of it, at least for the rest of the evening.

We drank a lot of shots; that's about all I can tell you. Many hours later we were both in the parking lot being rudely shaken into consciousness by a couple of cops. We were cuffed and hauled off to Houston's drunk tank Downtown. Not the prettiest place in town. Early Saturday morning his mother came to bail us out. She drove us back to the bar and luckily our cars were still at the bar parking lot. I drove home terrifically hung over and slept well into the evening.

I wish I could say I had learned my lesson, but I hadn't. That I was never in an accident and never got hurt is to acknowledge the saying God looks out for orphans and drunks.

I am happy to report those days are long gone.

Started the night with 3 triple shots of brandy, in 15 mins, ya know to get me going.

Had a few? of beers.

More brandy.

Then drank a bottle of Jagermeister.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

A friend of mine was picked up in the middle of June/July in a Santa's Costume. My Brother picked him up in the morning at the Drunk Tank.

The ones near the base that catered mainly to American sailors ("sailor town") closed at two ayem, as I recall. I believe that was requested by the base commander. The ones a little farther away that catered to Japanese ("saki town") ran as long as anyone was still standing!

The one common denominator here seems to be college. I'm so glad college teaches everyone to drink like lushes. What a farce! The sad thing is, you can't really go anywhere in life wothout going to college, yet all you do when you get there is party.

Well when you have 40,000 people under the age of 23 living for extended periods of time in a 5 square mile radius, what did you think was going to happen?

One New Years Eve when I was 17, I was doing double shots of Absolut...blacked out...don't really know how much I drank...remember getting woken up to change out of my clothes, then arguing about it and putting on my coat, then waking up to somebody eating sour crout. Since then I can't do shots of vodka, don't do shots at all really, every once in a while. BUT NO VODKA

V

VR6ofpain

There were several times in college I drank so much I probably should have been dead.
Did this myself. One night in particular was very bad. I drank so much I blacked out. My last memory was drinking a pint glass full of ice, and equal parts vodka ($7, 80 proof crap) and Malibu Rum (man that stuff is horrid). After dowing it, I had another pint glass that was about 3 parts vodka, to 2 parts Malibu Rum (on ice as well). Between the two glasses I'd say I probably had something close to 16oz of vodka. This was within about 20 minutes. Thinking clearly I decided to finish it off with another shot of vodka and chased it with a Coors. I think I was out cold within another 30 minutes (or that was when my memory shut off). I do have some memories of being somewhere cold and dark (turned out to be the alley between apartments) vomiting. I woke up at 7am the next day laying on a pile of blankets. I took off from the friends place and headed back to the dormitory. Walking past people on the street I couldn't figure out why everyone was staring at me. When I got to my room to crash, I then noticed my t-shirt and pants were covered in dry vomit with bits of leaves and grass ground into it.

Amazing I only stopped drinking for about one week. It is amazing how stupid one can be at the intelligent age of 18. Now I much prefer an ~1.5 ounces of bourbon in a glass drank over the course of an hour. Much more enjoyable.

There's too many stories to try and pick the top, but here's a brief highlight of some.

In Austin on your birthday it's pretty common to go down to 6th street (bar/club district) with some friends and get your free birthday shots. Most bars will pour whatever they feel like, a few will give your choice. Here's how it works, you park at one end of 6th and start drinking at the other, getting your shot and moving to the next bar. Well far be it from me to make someone drink alone, so I take a shot, or beer when they do. There's been one or two nights when I stopped counting at 15.

The most beer I've ever had involved some friends from a local car club, a Hooters where we met, and Bone Daddy's (think Hooters girls only better, and good food).

We'd usually meet at Hooters at 7pm for our get togethers, drink some beer, eat wings and show off our cars. Well on this particular night they were running a special on Fosters, $3 pints and you keep the glass. Me and two of my buddies who we'll call Charlie, and Steve each wound up with a set of 6 pints before we left Hooters. Charlie was infatuated with Bone Daddy's at the time so we went there to do some more drinking.

We got to Bone Daddy's around 9 and the drink of choice that night was 32oz Dos Equis. Charlie was an ex "event planner" for his frat, what it breaks down to is he likes to get people WASTED! Anytime one of us would finish a beer, he had more lined up. If you left to use the head, there was another beer waiting for you. I'd get back to our booth with a look of shock at this massive lager waiting for me, and he's over there about to **** himself from laughing so hard. Now let me paint in a little more detail, Charlie weighs a good 280lbs, Steve is beyond 300lbs, and then there's me at a whopping 155. I think we each had 5 big mugs, and a few stray pints for good measure.

Fast forward to the next day. I'm not sure when we left the bar, I don't remember the drive home. I did however wake up to find my toothbrush, complete with puddle of toothpaste on my desk, I'm naked and amazingly my car was perfectly parked. I called Charlie to check on him, he managed to make it home and awoke to find that he'd turned on every light, fan, TV and radio in his apartment. Steve on the other hand gave me a scare, he kept noticing that on his drive home, all of a sudden the stripes were on the wrong side of the car!

On that night we each had roughly 19 beers in under 7 hours, and managed not to kill ourselves or anyone else.

That was the last time either of them tried to out drink me. :biggrin:

The one common denominator here seems to be college. I'm so glad college teaches everyone to drink like lushes. What a farce! The sad thing is, you can't really go anywhere in life wothout going to college, yet all you do when you get there is party.

That's right. Didn't study for a damn minute or do any assignments. Why, I was on the bottle in class and took a leak in my desk. It's a wonder I graduated and made anything of myself.</sarcasm>

They provide an interesting thing in college, and I hear some people with jobs get them too, weekends. That's about the time you can do what you like as long as you don't drag innocent bystanders into it. :biggrin:

i remember a vage instance where i was trying to get the zipper of my tent open to go to sleep, so i had to bend over, i fell and woke up a good 12 hours later. tent zipper still closed.

another smart thing is to bring home a streetcat and dump it on a roommates bed. Explaination to him: it was outside.

when you are drunk enough to think double shots of everclear are a good idea, you are in trouble. I could not believe how much it dried me out. Gotta love college.

Started the night with 3 triple shots of brandy, in 15 mins, ya know to get me going.

Had a few? of beers.

More brandy.

Then drank a bottle of Jagermeister.

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

And it's always during an evening like this that someone calls the cops...and Zeni says..."Hollllon, evvvvvbod...evvvdoby....I kn handlethis...lemme do the, do the talkingokay? Whatss watseemsto...what's the prollem here ossifer?"

And then he shows them his badge and all is well.

The cops tell remind him that he's due at work in 45 minutes.

"Okaythen....mfftpoiwefhipoiurwet lemmme get my gun annnmy anmy unfinor...unicor...that blue suit and I'll tryan' follow you to where it is where I work okay?"

It's good to have that thin blue line! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (all kidding aside...I'm sure Zeni was NOT on duty...he was probably in Lynchmeister's back yard taking pictures through the windows.)

And it's always during an evening like this that someone calls the cops...and Zeni says..."Hollllon, evvvvvbod...evvvdoby....I kn handlethis...lemme do the, do the talkingokay? Whatss watseemsto...what's the prollem here ossifer?"

And then he shows them his badge and all is well.

The cops tell remind him that he's due at work in 45 minutes.

"Okaythen....mfftpoiwefhipoiurwet lemmme get my gun annnmy anmy unfinor...unicor...that blue suit and I'll tryan' follow you to where it is where I work okay?"

It's good to have that thin blue line! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (all kidding aside...I'm sure Zeni was NOT on duty...he was probably in Lynchmeister's back yard taking pictures through the windows.)

I work at a restaurant. :lol:

when I lived in big rock candy mountain we had little streams of alcohol trickling through the rocks...there were lakes of stew and of whiskey, too (you could paddle all around em in a big canoe).

I work at a restaurant. :lol:

LMAO!!!! Smith and Wallensky? Are YOU chef Hans? Did I used to hear you on Steve Dahl on Thursday nights talking about "Tusty Bakkker?"

Okay...fess up...which Dennys is it?:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bussing tables is no sin. It's good honest work, and sometimes the waitresses share some tips.

I think I did see you...don't you bus tables at "Soul by the Pound" on Cottage Grove near 87th?:lol::lol:

Top Bottom