What's new

Anyone tried Flying Eagle single edge stainless blades?

They're cheap, and Chinese, and they don't have notches, they look like what I've been looking for, but will they shave?

proxy.php

I have no clue Toby but, the packaging sure looks nice.:thumbup1: Chinese blades are a gamble as far as quality is concerned. The ones I have tried were OK except for the GFLV blade that dragged a heck of a lot. Two shaves & I could not take it any more.:w00t:

The only other choice is the Feather spineless ones, putting a spine on is no big deal, I'm just looking for cheap!

I've tried another Flying Eagle blade and it was terrible. I couldn't make it through the shave and binned it somewhere about half way through the first pass. It wasn't sharp enough to actually cut through the hair but just sharp enough that it grabbed the hair and hung on to it just enough to pull it out root and all.

The Chinese blade seem to all have a reputation of being pretty much complete garbage. My recommendation would be to skip this one.

I've tried another Flying Eagle blade and it was terrible. I couldn't make it through the shave and binned it somewhere about half way through the first pass. It wasn't sharp enough to actually cut through the hair but just sharp enough that it grabbed the hair and hung on to it just enough to pull it out root and all.

The Chinese blade seem to all have a reputation of being pretty much complete garbage. My recommendation would be to skip this one.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the heads up David. :thumbup1:

I have. One was included with a $2 Chinese made TTO that I bought just for a cheap razor travel case that was included with it. The blades are the worst of the worst.

Top Bottom