What's new

Smooth Click Pen?

I have terrible handwriting that would put a doctor to shame but I have to sign 75-100 documents each day so I would like a smooth writing pen but prefer click pens as I am never stationary at my desk were I can unscrew a fountain style pen. I move throughout the building signing things as they are presented. I am looking for a good click style but am open to suggestions. If I could actually slow down and write smoothly I think I would give my boss a heart attack.

I appreciate any suggestions.

P.S. I did play around with a fountain pen about 20 years ago because I liked the look of it but never really did anything with it, I believe it came in a red package with 3 different color ink puncture style tubes. I was hoping it would help my handwriting but AI think I was just looking to blow some cash.

My suggestions would depend on what kind of pen do you like to write with and your budget.

Do you like slender pens or thick? What material/finish do you like? What are you willing to spend?

I'd say my pen style would be medium sized pens, not super picky on materiel or finish as long as it isn't some funky color and squishy. I'd like to stay in the $-$$ range if possible.

I used to use Zebra 301 SS pens in fine black gel but they discontinued them now.

for fountain pens, check out the pilot VP, its a click style fountain pen. its available in my color options as well. my step father signs a lot of paperwork, and writes notes a lot, i got him a parker jotter, and he really enjoys it. even says he notices his hand doesnt cramp up as much.

My last post put me in a very similar position. Fountain pens were the answer for me. I'd also suggest that you look at the Pilot Vanising Point.

I like Parker pens, but most are on the slim side. Sheaffer makes some nice medium sized pens: The Prelude and the 300. Both are metal bodied pens. Monteverde Retro 51 has a number of ballpoint/rollerball pens in the next price range. If you really want to spend money on a nice ballpoint, Pelikan and Lamy make ballpoints. But I tend to steer away from proprietary refills.

Retro 51. I do like mine with parker insert.

$14724285372991967729077.jpg

Pilot makes some rollerball pens that have look like the ball is on the tip of a needle. They're really fine and right really nice. They recently started making a click model instead of the pop-off cap models. I can't remember what they're called, but you'll find them at any big box store, most likely. Otherwise, I find a pop-off cap fountain pen just fine for quick notes and signatures. I do think the screw caps are tedious when I'm busy, but anything that pops off quickly works well.

If its a pen, with a kitty on your lap then it is still there

Well, I guess my computer was slow loading it. It was really making me scratch my head. Couldn't imagine why it would have been deleted. ha. That's Reddy Boy. He sits on me anytime I sit in my chair. The wife says he loves me. I think he thinks its his chair. ha. Sorry. Please more on pens. BTW, Thanks to the members that pointed out this pen too me. I really enjoy it and get comments on it a lot. Smooth and heavy and still fits ion the slot of my work shirt.

Top Bottom