What's new

September Mess Hall Group Cookout: Theme ~ Steak, Potatoes & Salad

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
If you have a good butcher just ask him if the can cut you one just for you. He may need a day or two notice depending on what he is prepping at the time.
As they say if you don't ask you don't get.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
If you have a good butcher just ask him if the can cut you one just for you. He may need a day or two notice depending on what he is prepping at the time.
As they say if you don't ask you don't get.

My local supermarket butcher shop has them each week...they must be very popular. The cost for them is astronomical though. I may have to settle on a Salisbury steak. :001_smile

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
My local supermarket butcher shop has them each week...they must be very popular. The cost for them is astronomical though. I may have to settle on a Salisbury steak. :001_smile

Supermarket butcher.......there's your problem. Make it your mission to find a real old school butcher.
Salisbury steak.......I had to look that up.........a small part of me just died. :crying:

I could follow this through and get a few steaks off it if you like.

View attachment 683885

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hasn't this already been pif'd?

dave

No one said they were in. I know that sounds strange around these parts but there is always a first.
Don't worry there is a line of them. If you guys want to drop by my place I'll cook you up some steak & potatoes to keep you full for the flight home.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
No one said they were in. I know that sounds strange around these parts but there is always a first.
Don't worry there is a line of them. If you guys want to drop by my place I'll cook you up some steak & potatoes to keep you full for the flight home.

If I ever make it down to your house I'm staying for at least a month. Don't worry I make a good cup of coffee and breakfast tacos. So much so you'll be begging my to stay....maybe.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
If I ever make it down to your house I'm staying for at least a month. Don't worry I make a good cup of coffee and breakfast tacos. So much so you'll be begging my to stay....maybe.

Aaron you and your wife would be more than welcome but do remember Max & Nova rule the place, so make enough breakfast tacos for them as well. :001_smile

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
right O.

I've seen those flights into Wellington. Maybe a boat is better.

Hmmmm a boat you say. Don't google rough cook straight crossings then.

I would recommend flying into Auckland and driving down. It's a day trip in a car but what's the rush stop half way a Lake Taupo for the night or even visit Rotorua.

Anyway we are getting off track here.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Hmmmm a boat you say. Don't google rough cook straight crossings then.

I would recommend flying into Auckland and driving down. It's a day trip in a car but what's the rush stop half way a Lake Taupo for the night or even visit Rotorua.

Anyway we are getting off track here.

Off track?....do you mean through the mines of Moria? No thanks.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yeah I was hoping they would just take the flight in. It will test even the seasoned travellers.

I could take you hunting off track but we may get lost. Hmmm venison back steaks.
From the pilots I've talked to, they are more scared than the passengers.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
From the pilots I've talked to, they are more scared than the passengers.

I could believe that but some of the local pilots are know to love it, well so I've been told.
Most of the time it is a calm landing but sometimes it cuts up rough and landing looks dramatic. They occasional have to divert landings when it gets too windy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XPgxC9il4

When it is bad enough to effect landing at the airport the ferry crossing between Wellington and Picton can also be very rough or cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I could believe that but some of the local pilots are know to love it, well so I've been told.
Most of the time it is a calm landing but sometimes it cuts up rough and landing looks dramatic. They occasional have to divert landings when it gets too windy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1XPgxC9il4

When it is bad enough to effect landing at the airport the ferry crossing between Wellington and Picton can also be very rough or cancelled.

The locals are used to it. The ones I talked to only did it a few times, and they landings were hairy. The only other approach I have ever seen pilots get serious about was old Hong Kong. Miscues there meant contacting buildings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom