What's new

Is Nicotine the Next Big Smart Drug?

Yup... I use nicotine to curb my ADHD. It's the dirty little secret among those of us with ADHD who don't want to be constantly pumped with amphetamines.

Very interesting. I've also read that there is a correlation between nicotine use (smoking) and lack of the amyloid plaques that cause Alzheimer's disease. I've not read the actual studies to see if that it true.

I vape. I enjoy it, and I use a very low level of nicotine. Most studies I've seen of the kind of devices I use to vape imply that they are not more risky than a cup of coffee as long as one avoids the flavor ingredients that cause popcorn lung.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Yup... I use nicotine to curb my ADHD. It's the dirty little secret among those of us with ADHD who don't want to be constantly pumped with amphetamines.

Same here. When working on simulators, my mind will be bouncing in all kinds of directions. You don't know how many times I have tossed my hands up, went for a cigarette, and while on the smoke break went "Aha- I know what the problem is". I have fixed many a simulator on smoke breaks.

on edit: Caffeine works to settle me down, too. I cannot even solder without at least a cup in me.

Top Bottom