What's new

Horsehide strop

Was thinking about getting a 3" horsehide strop, does anyone have experience with this type of strop. Is it a good purchase?

Just go ahead and get one on the way and let us know what you think. Its nice starting out with a new strop and informative to note how one feels vs another.

Well, I just received my first horsehide strop, a 2.5" TM Notovan plain Chocolate one. Notovan is his name for, "not cordovan," but a similar finishing process. Very supple and slick compared to my 3" Mountain Mikes Bridal leather strop or my 3" Latigo strop, so yes it is a fine leather...all depends on how it is finished and dressed. If you read the stickies above about need vs want, you'll gain more insight about the different leathers. Good luck!

Well, I just received my first horsehide strop, a 2.5" TM Notovan plain Chocolate one. Notovan is his name for, "not cordovan," but a similar finishing process. Very supple and slick compared to my 3" Mountain Mikes Bridal leather strop or my 3" Latigo strop, so yes it is a fine leather...all depends on how it is finished and dressed. If you read the stickies above about need vs want, you'll gain more insight about the different leathers. Good luck!

Will do thank you

Top Bottom