What's new

Kriss Kross Stropper

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
A friend of mine found me a few things. He got this stropper and two user grade gillettes for 12 bucks. Not too shabby. It has the box and instructions, which I love. The mechanism still works great. The gillettes were a fat handle gold with etching and a black handle SS. The stropper is what excites me since have fine examples of the razors already. I have gifted one and will gift the other in the future. I know it's from the 20s but I'm not sure exactly which year. It was 6 bucks then which is some serious coin today: almost 75 bucks!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Cordially,
Adam

That's awesome! I was in an antique store last week and they had that stropper for $75. I just had to laugh...

That is an awesome score!!! Considering the prices that they go for on The Bay, your friend got a great deal.

I would love to have one of those to play around with, especially since I am starting to collect old DE hones.

Excellent and thanks for showing the user manual. These are very cool devices from an era when DE blades were pretty pricey by standards and the user wanted to squeeze every last shave out of those blades!

I know Toby! I need one of those now! I've seen them on the bay. It's like a tbar, a slant, and a straight all in one! I wonder what it's going for?[emoji6]

Hopefully he'll go back and get some info. No case, probably not a hot item, might be ten bucks!

KeenDogg

Hopefully he'll go back and get some info. No case, probably not a hot item, might be ten bucks!
That would be sweet. Am I wrong saying it looks like a single edge razor. The stropper pictures show it sharpening gillette 3 holes. I'm guessing the stropper will do both and they were illustrating their versatility.

Cheers,
Adam

That would be sweet. Am I wrong saying it looks like a single edge razor. The stropper pictures show it sharpening gillette 3 holes. I'm guessing the stropper will do both and they were illustrating their versatility.

Cheers,
Adam

I'm pretty sure they use the GEM type SE blades, the stropper works with SE and DE.

KeenDogg

That's awesome! I was in an antique store last week and they had that stropper for $75. I just had to laugh...
Inflation!

That is an awesome score!!! Considering the prices that they go for on The Bay, your friend got a great deal.

I would love to have one of those to play around with, especially since I am starting to collect old DE hones.
Thanks! I just tried it on an old 3 hole gillette. It worked enough to cut my arm hair.

Nice score on a very nice condition KK. That's one good friend!
Yeah, he's a good guy. He likes hitting the flea markets and keeps an eye out. He's not a razor guy but he has a keen eye and a good bargaining talent.

Excellent and thanks for showing the user manual. These are very cool devices from an era when DE blades were pretty pricey by standards and the user wanted to squeeze every last shave out of those blades!

Your welcome, I like instructions. They are sometimes my favorite part!

Quote from elsewhere.

You can chop a Gem blade to fit. Place electrical tape over the cutting edge, and use a pair of trauma shears or fine-edge tin snips to cut the blade off at the top of the locating notches. Dress any sharp spots with a rub on 600 grit wet/dry paper, or a diamond needle file (I have a set). Plugs right in. I would rate it slightly less aggressive than a 1912 with a brand new blade, but exposure is going to vary a few thousandths, since the blade is cut-to-fit.

My wife was antiquing one day and saw the Kriss Kross stropper. She thought it was unique and fun, and since it was only $16 she bought it for me. The mechanism works great, but I had to clean the whole thing up a bit. The leather needs to be replaced (it was well used), but I can figure out a way to replace the leather.

Top Bottom