What's new

Brush decision help?

Hey all! Long time lurker here.

I have the itch to get a new shaving brush and wanted to solicit your opinions. I currently have a [FONT=arial, sans-serif]Thater [/FONT]4125/2 in 2 band bulb, which I really like. I got the Thater after trying out a Simpson Chubby 2 in Manchurian. That Chubby is gorgeous, but it's an arm workout to try and lather it.

I think what I'm really looking for is something with similar backbone and density as the Thater, but maybe with softer tips? After browsing this forum for a while and watching many YouTube vids, I have considered an Epsilon Silvertip, a Savile Row, an Arley from Brad Sears .... probably others. I love the look of the Paladins but they're so hard to find.

Thanks!

You won't find softer tips on a 2-band brush, but you could try a fan shape which splays easier and won't be quite as scrubby. I like a 24x48 to 25x50 in that same hair, which you would find on a custom Shavemac. The stock Thater 4125 might be a touch higher loft.

Otherwise Savile Row or Thater 3-band would definitely be softer due to the silvertip hair, but you're giving up a bit of backbone. They should not be floppy in a bulb shape though.

Thanks for the replies! After more deliberation and research, I seem to be talking myself in to a Shavemac silvertip 2-band.

Top Bottom