What's new

Puffy GL Pease Temple Bar

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Gents, I received some of the new GL Pease Temple Bar. The tin is so swollen it's rounded at the top and bottom of the tin and is close to exploding. You can see below how it's not sitting flat. I've never seen this in a brand new tin before. Anyone else get a puffy one?

proxy.php

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I have two tins of Temple Bar. Both of them I got from SP. Both are dated: 6-7-2016. Both of the tins were fine when I first received them, but I just checked again, and one of the tins has the slightest about of swell to it. It's barely noticeable, but now that I do notice it, it's apparent.

I wonder if it has to do with being summer?

Every tin that I've received the past month has been warm to the touch when I open the package. It's like they're being stoved during the delivery process. Basically, the hot weather is increasing the speed of fermentation.

I've heard how some people will leave tins out in the sun during the summer, in order to stove them. It's like sun tea for tobacco.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
I wonder if it has to do with being summer?

Every tin that I've received the past month has been warm to the touch when I open the package. It's like they're being stoved during the delivery process. Basically, the hot weather is increasing the speed of fermentation.

I've heard how some people will leave tins out in the sun during the summer, in order to stove them. It's like sun tea for tobacco.

I don't think that the weather's what's doing it. I store my tins in my basement, so they stay right at about 67-68°F with about 45-55% humidity. The slight swell on one of my tins happened after I added it to my basement stock.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Has anyone contacted C&D about this? It's not unheard of for their product to be packaged too moist, and have issues with mold.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I popped the tin open last night. The bar looked fine, no discernible mold or any issues. I don't know if I'd feel comfortable cellaring these with as puffed as they are though. I'll decide when I receive the tins in backorder; for now, I'll smoke the open one. ;-)

Top Bottom