What's new

Truefitt and Hill - Try it and You'll Never Go Back

I like their Almond.

Like smearing a luxurious breakfast pastry all over your face. Heat it up in a scuttle with some warm water! Fantastic!

It might be just me, but I was always put off by their luxurious presentation. Had no problems in trying out DR Harris soaps without knowing anything about them, but with Truefit and Hill, I always felt pushed away by the presentation.

I had always thought that Truefitt & Hill was a little too rich for my tastes, but was lucky enough to participate in the B&B Sandalwood Cream shave off. T&H's Sandalwood stood head and shoulders above the other cream in the shave off.

Genuine Mysore Sandalwood is crazy expensive, so most soap/cream makers approximate it. T&H is no exception, but the scents T&H chose come very close in a nice mix of cologne scents. Performance was top notch.

I am now waiting for a tube of T&H Rose to arrive in the mail.

T&H may just be the best cream I have ever used. The Grafton and 1805 are both super. This to me is one of those "cost be damned" products. Every so often one must realize that life is indeed short and you owe it to yourself to splurge once in a while.

T&H items are uniformly superior products, in my experience!

$th 1805 stack.jpg

Any specific one?

I have been a long-time fan of T&H products as well. As it became harder to buy in person in our area, I started looking at other shaving creams, and while I developed many new favorites (including some TOBS and DRH), I have always returned to T&H. For me, their products simply have the best performance at the best cost - other shaving creams may provide a little better performance, but they are more expensive. On the flip side, others cost less but don't perform as well.

As for which product to use, my personal favorites are 1805 and Lavender (which, to my nostrils, comes closest to my first quality shaving cream - Coates). I don't see how you could go wrong with either of them. I have also used, and highly recommend, Trafalgar and Grafton. The only T&H creams I never really liked were Lime and Sandalwood; personally, I thought the Sandalwood was too reminiscent of a department store cologne.

Order a couple of samples of the creams and you will not be disappointed.

Really the best cream I have ever used. :thumbup:

I agree... The scents are some of my favorites

You do know that it is made by RS for them don't ya?

You should give RS a run around the noggin... Not as sweet smelling but the slick and lather are there...

proxy.php

Have not tried the other T&H, but do use Trafalgar. Great lather, nice scent, nice glide. The other cream I'm using is St James Of London's, Sandalwood & Bergamot. Reasonably priced and is an awesome cream.Rreally lathers up with a nice scent. Try It, I think you will like it.

Got some T & H unscented ultimate comfort based on recommendations on this forum for sensitive skin and it's been great.

Can anyone provide detailed feedback on the West Indian Limes range? Just the thought of the West Indian Limes fragrance turns me on :)

Top Bottom