What's new

Monday Night BBS

What a great way to start my week!

As I sit here, enjoying my smooth, hair free face, I recap my shave from earlier this evening.

I received some new shaving items when I arrived home from work, and enthusiastically awaited that glorious moment:lol:

I cant can't say a BBS was my main objective. No, I can't recall having a goal, at all. I was just enjoying my shave and suddenly realized how close of a shave I was getting. Then, of course, BBS was all I could think about. Sure, maybe I substituted an irritation free shave with some minor irritations, but overall I'd much rather feel a smooth face. I don't have any complaints whatsoever! Shaving has become a hobby for me and I enjoy every minute of it.. Even the irritations that come with it:001_rolle

Tonight was also the first time I used an AS splash. Stirling Vanilla Sandalwood.. All I can say is WOW!:w00t: If I thought WH burned, this burn was about 10x as strong! The burn only lasted about 4 seconds, then it felt amazing. And the scent.. Holy cow. It's a light scent, but I can still faintly smell it. I have to push back the urge to go splash some more on my face. Vanilla Sandalwood is definitely in my future!

Stirling also wrote a hand written letter, on my receipt, wishing me the best of luck with my samples. I thought that was really cool!

Anyway, I'm not sure what lead to me desiring to journal my experience.. Nonetheless, I hope you all had a fantastic Monday, and continue to have a great rest of the week!:thumbup:

Last edited:
Your shave was better than mine. My fault for using the sample Zorrik blades, I suppose. :blink:

I don't have any experience with those, so I can't relate. But, I was testing out a Gillette Wilkinson last night. Not a very good blade IMO. I don't think I would have posted this if I hadn't changed back to my used Feather, after the first pass:blush:

It is amazing when it all comes together.

Now go do it exactly the same way again tens of thousands more times

Excellent news and congratulations on the Accidental BBS

... I just got some India Wilkies to try against my German Wilkies.. now I'm curious...

It's funny how you can't normally get a BBS if you try, but iwhen it happens, it seems to happen out of the blue - that's why we enjoy it all the more

TC, great shave and write up. If you are going to maintain a journal, would you mind reposting this in the Journal section? I am laughing about your AS experience. More power to you guys who use WH or splash on an AS. I don't like the burn :001_smile

Thanks, Dan! I have no idea if I'll keep an updated journal, but is there any way I can transfer this to the Journal section? I try to post in the correct sections, but the Journal section must have slipped by me. Gosh, the burn was bad lol. Even worse than the WH!

a great way to start my week...

...Anyway, I'm not sure what lead to me desiring to journal my experience.. Nonetheless, I hope you all had a fantastic Monday, and continue to have a great rest of the week!:thumbup:

Congrats - This is what it's all about. It's difficult for others to understand, but wet shaving improves your life.

Hey TC,

Welcome to the Journal & Diary section of the forums! Great shave, always nice when they sneak up on you and you end up with a BBS - or Dolphin Smooth as I read in Dave's [MENTION=89999]skypsyd[/MENTION] journal...:lol:.

Stirling AS and soaps are very good - used Margaritas In The Arctic (MITA) this morning myself.

Have a good day!

Pete

Top Bottom