What's new

help with slim adjustable

i purchased a nice slim adjustable a couple months ago, the finish was great save for a couple small high wear areas. the shave was extremely disappointing, barely cut my whiskers even on the most aggressive setting. after some examining and reading, i came to the conclusion that the safety bar was way out of alignment. so far about a half dozen separate times ive tried to get the bar aligned, ive come out with a fairly uneven safety bar, ive read the tutorial on here but for some reason this razor is being stubborn, so my question is do you think i should buckle down and prove im more stubborn than a hunk of metal, or find someone to do it for me?

What methods/tools have you used so far? Could you share some photos? Also, it sounds like the adjuster might be "underclocked."

ill grab some photos when i can, i used a flat head screwdriver and what i think is called the butter knife technique,

Amazing you've been here since 2012 and have not. Regardless, do find out and send it to Cap at:

[email protected]

Or this was a joke that clearly went over my head
:001_smile

No, no joke. I'm just clueless, apparently. :blushing: I've never had a razor that needed repairs. I've gotten my two replated, but that is all that they needed. I'll keep the good Capt in mind should I ever need razor work done.

Who is Capt Murphy? Haven't heard of him (her?) before.
I haven't heard of him either.. maybe he means

$mascot_63.jpg

i purchased a nice slim adjustable a couple months ago, the finish was great save for a couple small high wear areas. the shave was extremely disappointing, barely cut my whiskers even on the most aggressive setting. after some examining and reading, i came to the conclusion that the safety bar was way out of alignment. so far about a half dozen separate times ive tried to get the bar aligned, ive come out with a fairly uneven safety bar, ive read the tutorial on here but for some reason this razor is being stubborn, so my question is do you think i should buckle down and prove im more stubborn than a hunk of metal, or find someone to do it for me?
Send pics

thanks for all the replies and overwhelming support for cap. ill take some pics and post them and go from there

Top Bottom