What's new

Weber Stainless razor.Any users?

Does anybody use the Weber Stainless razor? I heard it was quite the steal for something that is made out of 100% Stainless Steel with no Zamak at all.

It's sad that Weber only sells the handles now

I have one, the polished head version. As you might know, Weber experienced QC issues that caused "wavy blade" on a number of their heads. IMO, the manner in which they dealt with this problem likely contributed at least in part to the demise of their head production. It's really too bad, because the Weber is, for me, and outstanding razor and, as you noted, it was a great value at $70.

I bought three polished heads versions, one for myself and the other two as gifts for relatives. My relatives use them routinely and are very happy. I find it too mild and rarely use the one I kept, but I do appreciate the value it represented
The two I gifted were perfect, the one I kept suffered from the wavy blade issue when I received it.

That was a 5 minute fix to get the alignment perfect and being stainless steel had no adverse impact on the looks or longevity of the razor.

I have the Weber Bulldog ARC version, and it has been my favorite razor from the day it arrived. Fortunately, there were no issues with mine. If they were still available at the original bargain price, I'd snap a few up for my children.

I have the polished head version and it's a very nice razor. For me, the shave it gives is in the mid range, very similar to the Edwin Jagger head. I prefer the shave from my ATT R1, but it's a close run thing and the ATT did cost twice as much at the time. The finish on the Weber is a little more "industrial" than the ATT, and nowhere near the standard of a Wolfman, but I find it quite a pleasing look. These days, I could probably sell the Weber and buy an ATT razor, perhaps with change to spare.

I'm looking for the Weber DLC. I heard they are good and like you I am very curious as well. It's one of my unicorns. Too bad we were too late to the party.

I gave my slant (ikon 102) a rest and took my weber DLC (with the original "industrial quality" handle) for a spin last week.Mild, and a pleasure to shave it.It is sufficiently efficient to get a BBS (with a bit of work in hard to reach areas)

A gentlemen on a different forum is offering a Wolfman for a Weber ARC at the moment...might not be so easy to get one!

I have a polished head and like it a lot

Weber did give a nice mild shave, a little more agressive then the Edwin Jaggar Head.

Can Anyone tell my what material was used on the Grey Coated Weber Head and Handle?

I bought three polished heads versions, one for myself and the other two as gifts for relatives. My relatives use them routinely and are very happy. I find it too mild and rarely use the one I kept, but I do appreciate the value it represented
The two I gifted were perfect, the one I kept suffered from the wavy blade issue when I received it.

That was a 5 minute fix to get the alignment perfect and being stainless steel had no adverse impact on the looks or longevity of the razor.

How did you fix it? Did you file down the rails to be even? Wouldn't that maybe make it a bit milder, depending on how much filinf needs to be done?

How did you fix it? Did you file down the rails to be even? Wouldn't that maybe make it a bit milder, depending on how much filinf needs to be done?

A few minutes of lapping the rails across some 800 Wet & Dry (on a surface plate) with another couple of minutes using 1200 grit and it was fixed.

Made no difference to blade exposure because I was just taking off a couple of irregular high spots that caused the blade to twist. i doubt that the ordinary buyer would have noticed the flaw. It just that people on B&B are all perfectionists. :001_smile

The Weber head was investment cast (AFAIK) so a few crept out slightly out of spec. Not a big deal but you would think Weber had stolen some people's life savings given how badly the company was flamed. I'm not surprised they don't sell heads anymore.
Can't have been making much profit on $35 in what is essentially a niche market.

I love my Weber PH with the Classic handle. It's probably my favorite razor. It's a shame they stopped making them.

I have a polished head version.
Perfect alignment, finish, knurling, etc.
Great razor.

I remember reading about Weber's "wavy blade" issues on this forum for months and months a few years back. I got the distinct impression that there was literally a handful of very very vocal people that were dissatisfied.

And it was essentially over a minor polishing imperfection that anyone could fix by laying a piece of very fine grit wet/dry sandpaper on their kitchen countertop and running the base plate back and forth over it for a few minutes.

Even though there was only a handful of people with problem razors, --- there was no shortage of people commenting on how the company was no good because they let a few sneak through quality control, and that their razors should be avoided because getting a good one or a bad one was just a random crap shoot...

It was a sad day when Weber stopped selling razors and just started selling handles.

After I bought my first Weber polished head razor I liked it so much I bought two more in case they went out of business. Three weeks later, they stopped making them. Crazy luck. One is my daily driver, the other two are in case something bad happens (stolen, lost, breakage) to one or the other.

The one with pink nail polish was my travel razor, marked for identification. I don't travel with it any more....don't want to risk losing it even though I have two backups.

No wavy blade issues with mine, just a 3 pass BBS smooth, efficient, fantastic shave every time. Mine are paired with the Weber bulldog handle, perfectly balanced with the head....I can zip it around my face and it almost feels like a magic wand. I paid $70 each, and this was only 17 months ago....just stupid cheap for a quality stainless steel razor. Wish they still made them so more people could experience the stainless difference. As someone else said, they weren't machined, they were cast (sintered)....but still solid as a rock.

$weber xx.jpg

Last edited:
I really wish they didn't discontinue Weber. I feel like most of the people are used to Zamak heads.

Modern razors are probably made with pot metal because they know you would have to replace some years later when the coating wears off.

if I wasn't sniped last night I would have had a Weber. I probably should have been willing to pay more, after all its basically vintage now.

Last edited:
Interesting seeing those three owned by cheeks. The finish on the base plates looks much smoother than on mine, which I think must be from an earlier batch (not that this has any impact on the shave).

I have the polished head Weber and thought it was the best SS DE for the $70 range until I got the Rockwell 6s when they came out for $79. To me it is a much smoother shave and has the adjustable plates.

Top Bottom