What's new

PayPal Seller Account Questions

I have this really bad habit of bidding on stuff on FleaBay... then I win it and wonder what to do with it....:blush:

For example, I got on an Old Spice mug buying binge and now have 6 or 7 including one with OS soap and box....
I've put 2 of them into use with a sample puck of Stirling Ben Franklin and a shredded partial stick of Arko but I find the mugs too small to effectively use a most of my brushes.

The obvious solution is to go buy more brushes to match the OS mugs but I'd rather buy more creams and soaps and AS ....

And I just accidentally won a couple of what are probably Slim Adjustables, I though i was only buying one but the seller kinda forced me to buy the pair of them.. Price was $38 for the pair so unless they are unusable, I can live with that...but ..
I already have Rockwell T on the way as well...

Sadly, I have only one face to shave and have another 2 NOS injectors, a Blue Tip, a Popular and so on....

My point and question......

I will only sell on the B-S-T not FleaBay. Must I set up and How do I set up a Seller Account on PayPal or should/may I just sell them via Money Order.....

Is the PayPal Seller account required to sell on B-S-T. I did read the TOU but it seemed like "guidelines" not rules.

If I didn't have so much money (relatively) invested I'd just PIF them but I don't feel I can afford that.

Thanks for your input.....

I don't know if PayPal is compulsory for selling, but a PayPal account is worth having
How do you pay when you buy on eBay if you don't use PayPal ? - A lot of eBay sellers (including me) refuse to sell to anybody who doesn't use PayPal.
If you've got a normal PayPal account, you can use it for selling as well as for buying.
If you don't have a PayPal account, it is fairly easy to set up using your email address you will need to link your bank account and credit or debit card to your PayPal account.
For security you will need proof of address and photo ID at a later stage.

No requirement to have PayPal to sell on B/S/T, but it is certainly very convenient. Makes sending $$ easy as pie for both seller and buyer.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
PayPal works for me. As mentioned, you do not need any sort of special account. You just link it to one or more email addresses and go from there.

You will get hit with a bit of a fee, but it's not the end of the world.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
Here's the BST guidelines. It would be a good idea to give them a read before you start selling: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/484012-B-amp-B-s-new-BST-guidelines

PayPal is not a requirement but it does make the process super easy. And buyers are more likely to buy from someone that uses PayPal since there is buyer protection.

You can trade goods as well. But if you want payment, it's either PayPal or personal check as far as I can see it.

You just set up a normal PayPal account then give the buyer the email address that you used to set up the paypal account. As far as payment goes, they do the rest from their side. They just tell it to pay your email address (which is your palpal id) x amount of dollars. You just log in and see the funds there. You can spend them on something else or tell it to apply them to your bank account.

I was hesitant at first as well (mostly about using my banking info) but it's really easy and it gives you protection from idiots as a buyer and a seller.

It's worth doing and once you get used to it, it makes buying and selling things a lot easier.

PayPal works for me. As mentioned, you do not need any sort of special account. You just link it to one or more email addresses and go from there.

You will get hit with a bit of a fee, but it's not the end of the world.
[MENTION=92373]TexLaw[/MENTION]....A reasonable fee is reasonable for the transaction protection so I have no problem with that. And the email link as [MENTION=73656]dfoulk[/MENTION] describes... Thanks for the info. :thumbup:

Here's the BST guidelines. It would be a good idea to give them a read before you start selling: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/484012-B-amp-B-s-new-BST-guidelines
[MENTION=59338]Toothpick[/MENTION]... I've read them but will study them thoroughly before I post. And pester you and the rest of the M's and S's for more advice...:w00t:

A regular old PP account is pretty easy to get and navigate. And I might be interested in those Slims.
[MENTION=110380]Floyd Eye[/MENTION]...... I have an account now and 75% of the time it works every time... :blink: And let me see how they clean up (and shave).... I wasn't planning on keeping the Blue tip I got cheap by accident but I loved how smooth it is and kept it; and PIFed my Very First SS to [MENTION=109753]danbuter[/MENTION]...

You just set up a normal PayPal account then give the buyer the email address that you used to set up the paypal account. As far as payment goes, they do the rest from their side. They just tell it to pay your email address (which is your palpal id) x amount of dollars. You just log in and see the funds there. You can spend them on something else or tell it to apply them to your bank account.

I was hesitant at first as well (mostly about using my banking info) but it's really easy and it gives you protection from idiots as a buyer and a seller.

It's worth doing and once you get used to it, it makes buying and selling things a lot easier.
[MENTION=73656]dfoulk[/MENTION].... I've bought items from Stirling through PP and when I do it brings up a separate window with PP informaton.
When I bought my brush from Larry at Whipped Dog, I THINK it was a direct to email transaction.
So I'm wondering if that is the difference between a Seller Account and an Email Payment as you describe.
I was really leery of giving anyone my bank info so I used a Secure credit card with only a $350+/- pre-deposit.
It's good to know the choices... I didn't find anywhere on PP anything about Email payments only Seller Accounts.

GENTLEMEN: Guys like you are the reason I love B&B :badger: helpful advice without judgment...... and why I don't want to screw up in the B-S-T and get axed!! :behead:

Thanks All.

@Floyd Eye...... I have an account now and 75% of the time it works every time... :blink: And let me see how they clean up (and shave).... I wasn't planning on keeping the Blue tip I got cheap by accident but I loved how smooth it is and kept it; and PIFed my Very First SS

Honestly brother I already have a Slim that was PIF'ed to me by jfk69, but I am after my birth year Slim, which is an N4. I really want a near mint one, but I am willing to clean one up or even replate one if necessary, as long as the price is right. When I find my N4 I will PIF my near flawless '66 here.

Once I see these, I'll know what year they are.. I'll try to remember how young you are. 1968?

Once I see these, I'll know what year they are.. I'll try to remember how young you are. 1968?

Yes, 1968. Unfortunately for me this is the last year they made the Slim, so finding examples in near mint condition is rare and expensive. Other options will likely have to be explored.

@dfoulk.... I've bought items from Stirling through PP and when I do it brings up a separate window with PP informaton.
When I bought my brush from Larry at Whipped Dog, I THINK it was a direct to email transaction.
So I'm wondering if that is the difference between a Seller Account and an Email Payment as you describe.
I was really leery of giving anyone my bank info so I used a Secure credit card with only a $350+/- pre-deposit.
It's good to know the choices... I didn't find anywhere on PP anything about Email payments only Seller Accounts.

Thanks All.

All I did was to set up a normal paypal account. I don't know the difference between a seller account and a regular account but I suspect a seller account may be something a business would use. They probably pay a fee for this type of account. This would likely give you the option to send people billing invoices to make it easier for them. You shouldn't need this in your situation. You'll communicate the dollar amount to the buyer via email and once you see the funds in your account you'll safely send the item. I'm not a vendor so I'm not sending people invoices for products like Rod at Stirling does. For your purposes, all you should need is a simple free version PayPal account.

When I buy something I just navigate through the paypal menus and find the option to pay someone. There are two ways to pay someone. One is to pay for goods or services that you bought. This way gives you protection and charges the seller a small fee.

The other way is to send money to a friend or family. This way incurs no fee but gives you no recourse if something goes wrong. I've only used the second option in cases where someone already sent me an item to try and I ended up buying it. I already had the item in my possession so there was no risk. Don't send money this way that you would ever need to get back. This is more for sending money to a family member. Think of money you send this way as a gift.

If someone asks you to use the second option so that there is no fee, just walk away from that deal.

All it will ask me for to pay someone is the persons Paypal email account. So if I had your account email I could send you money. The same thing when I need to be paid. I just give that person my paypal email address and they can pay me if they have knowledge on how to use paypal and an account. You're probably trying to find out how to send an invoice like businesses do but that's not how we do it.

If you want to test it out just send me a PM. I'll share my Paypal address with you privately and you can send me one dollar as if you bought something from me. You'll go into paypal and find the option to pay someone for goods or services, enter my email, enter the dollar amount of $1 and then hit send. Then you can share your address and I'll send you a dollar back just like as if you sold me something. The fees are minimal so it shouldn't be more than a few cents for each of us (as the seller role) to do this. The buyer incurs no fees. This way you'll understand how to send and receive money via Paypal. Once you go through it and see how it works it's really easy and makes a lot of sense. It's the fear of the unknown that's the problem.

Here are the menu steps I just tested to send money.

How to send money via paypal:
1. login to your account
2. click on proceed to account overview
3. click on send and request
4. click on pay for goods or services (this is the one that charges the seller a small fee and protects you)
5. enter email address (enter the email for the person you are paying)
6. enter amount (enter the amount you are paying that person)
7. click continue
8. verify the account you're sending money from (have a look to make sure you've chosen the right account, you'll see the account it'll use listed on the page)
9. click Send money now

The buyer can do this the same way by entering your PayPal email and dollar amount in their account. Most people that are buying from you will know how to do this already.

hey there I am actually for some reason scared to set up a paypal or any online pay thing.. I totally want a old spice shaving mug ..and relize I must set up a account if I want to try to get one ...

[MENTION=111307]tom g[/MENTION]....

I'm OBVIOUSLY NOT and expert but read through this thread... I set up my account using a Secure Credit card with a maximum of $300 or so...

I won't link to my bank account.

PM Me, if you have time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom