What's new

What brand of soap do you own the most of?

La Toja and Cade, I think. Somehow I acquired 3 pucks of Cade since I finished one a couple years ago. The La Toja stockpile was the result of a trip to España.

Heard a rumour awhile back that the Palmolive stick was to be discontinued in the UK. Only when I'd relieved my local supermarket of a dozen sticks did I discover it to be untrue. Still, at 49 pence a stick it hardly broke the bank.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
12 Sticks La Toja
3 Sticks Arko
3 Pucks Cade
2 Pucks Haslinger Schafmilch
2 Pucks Tabac
3 Tubes C.O. Bigelow
4 Tubes Kiss My Face

Attachments

• $DSCF8679.jpg
    $DSCF8679.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 113
  • $DSCF8835.jpg
    $DSCF8835.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 117
Through the Fire Fine Craft: 7 soaps + 1 duplicate

---

The rest are
Mama Bear: 4
Dr. Jon's: 2
Beaver Woodwright: 1
Dapper Dragon: 1

If I had the funds, I'd buy out the whole stock from all of these guys - the scents are unbelievably good and the artisans themselves are really pleasant people.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I am enjoying this thread and the 'one artisan, one factory' thread.

It seems a bit odd that in the 1A,1F thread, Stirling for example comes up a LOT, but but in this thread Stirling doesn't appear that often. That would seem to imply that we don't have the most soaps of the manufacturers we like best!

Of course their can be many explanations for the discrepancy, but I expected to see a closer correspondence between brands in these two threads.

Cheers, Steve

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Currently it is :
1. Mama Bear ... 5 scents
2. Honeybee .... 4 scents
3. P.160 (original stuff) ... both Tipo Morbido and Tipo Duro

2/3 of the original B&B Sue Trefecta and both P.160s isn't too bad for my top 3 stockpile.
BTW, I also have a SCS Sandalwood puck, completing the 3-Sue's collection.

I am enjoying this thread and the 'one artisan, one factory' thread.
It seems a bit odd that in the 1A,1F thread, Stirling for example comes up a LOT, but but in this thread Stirling doesn't appear that often. That would seem to imply that we don't have the most soaps of the manufacturers we like best!
Of course their can be many explanations for the discrepancy, but I expected to see a closer correspondence between brands in these two threads.
Cheers, Steve

This thread is suppose to be the soap you have the most of in different scents. If you had 12 sticks of Arko and 3 sticks of Mystic Water in different scents then MW would be your winner.

2/3 of the original B&B Sue Trefecta and both P.160s isn't too bad for my top 3 stockpile.
BTW, I also have a SCS Sandalwood puck, completing the 3-Sue's collection.

Can you tell me more about this collection? I have a few Mama Bear scents and I love them but I wonder if I'm missing out on some holy grail soaps from her inventory.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Can you tell me more about this collection? I have a few Mama Bear scents and I love them but I wonder if I'm missing out on some holy grail soaps from her inventory.

The Three Sue's of B&B soap legend are [MENTION=673]Mama Bear[/MENTION], Saint Charles Shave ( [MENTION=4193]Wendy[/MENTION] , Sue's daughter), and Honeybee Soaps. All make excellent products.

When it comes to Mama Bear scents, pick what you like and enjoy! They all provide the same great performance for me, and I have especially enjoyed Lemon Rose, Rose, Sandalwood, Ye Olde Barbershoppe, Bay Rum, Winter Grapefruit (no longer made), and of course, Dragon's Blood.

The Three Sue's of B&B soap legend are @Mama Bear, Saint Charles Shave ( @Wendy , Sue's daughter), and Honeybee Soaps. All make excellent products.

I wasn't aware of the latter two vendors. I have about a million artisan soaps on my list that I want to try and now I've just added two more artisans.

Last edited:

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wow I didn't realize that there was a family of soap artisans. I wasn't even aware of the latter two. I have about a million artisan soaps on my list that I want to try and now I've just added two more artisans.

Saint Charles Shave was Sue Moore. It is in her honour that we annually hold the Saint Sue auction. You can read about her story in her own words here. Wendy is her daughter and has carried on the family business and remains an important part of B&B to this day.

Neither of the three Sue's are related to each other. It's just coincidence that all were named Sue.

Top Bottom